Date: Wednesday and Friday,
26 and 28 August 2020 (tentative)
Time: 9:00am – 5:30pm
Venue: SHRI New Premises
SHRI Members: $1,600
(Course fees are subject to GST)
Limited Seats only, sign up now to avoid disappointment!REGISTER HERE
Humanising your workplace is a tangible, concrete and learnable activity to help you to create a more rewarding and productive work environment. It encompasses the task of creating psychological safety, so that people can flourish – secure in the knowledge that they can be creative and innovative without fear of getting things wrong. We will also look at how you can be compassionate and empathic while still holding team members accountable for the work they do. In summary, the key objective of the course is to develop a better way of working, one that is based on altruism, compassion and empathy, a way of leading and managing organisations that catches the mood of the times and the strong desire of people at work to do things differently now and into the future.
This 2-day programme aims to help participants gain an understanding of:
- How to conceptualise and implement a new way of working together that meets the needs of the workers at all levels and the goals of modern organisations
- Emerging leadership and management attributes and skills – and why these will be required for the future
- How to improve interpersonal interactions, manage conflict and meet people where they are, without judgment
- How to promote a different way of working together that results in better outcomes for both the individual and the organisation
- How toxic workplace cultures can jeopardise organisational success and how to mitigate and manage under challenging circumstances
- How employer brand can benefit from a more “human” workplace culture to enhance the organisation’s ability to be both a “talent magnet” and a place that can retain great employees
- How as a participant, you can become a champion for a different way of working- one that combines the best of human skills with a strong focus on achieving clear outcomes and tangible results
- How applying altruism, compassion and empathy is far more than simply being kind – it is an intentional method of changing individual mindsets and organisational cultures for the better
The programme covers:
- The Business Case for Humanising the Workplace
- What does a Human Workplace look like
- Working in Trios: Building Trust and Creating Psychological Safety
- FIRO-B: Understanding interpersonal relationships
- The ACE© model (Altruism, Compassion and Empathy)
- Action Planning: Stop Start Continue – Making Work More Human – for the organisation and the individual
To anchor the learning, the workshop incorporates interactive delivery of content, mini-case studies, work in Trios (small groups), plenary group discussions, psychometric tool debriefs, learned panel debates, invited guest speakers and individual and organisational action planning.
HR personnel, People Managers and Team Leads who want to broaden and deepen their leadership and management skillsets in order to support the achievement of individual and organisational objectives.
About the Main Facilitator
Michael Jenkins, CEO & Co-Founder
Michael Jenkins is CEO and Co-founder of Expert Humans. His past appointments include Director of
INSEAD Executive Education (Singapore); Managing Director and Vice-President, Center for Creative Leadership Asia Pacific (Singapore); Chief Executive of Roffey Park Institute (UK and Singapore); and CEO of the Human Capital Leadership Institute (Singapore). Michael was named as one of the UK’s Most Influential Thinkers in Human Resources by the UK’s HR Magazine in 2013 and 2016. Michael contributed to the MOM publication Asian Leadership – What Works? edited by Dave Ulrich and recently co-wrote Finding simplicity in chaos: Beyond VUCA published by People Matters. He is also a regular speaker at local and international conferences, where he presents on topics such as humanising the workplace and new thinking in leadership development.