180 training hours
10 Oct 2023
HR-related training hours
Course fee is subject to 8% GST
402 students have graduated from this programme
The SHRI Academy offers a 1-year part-time top-up degree leading to the Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management award with Organisational Psychology from Edinburgh Napier University. This programme provides students with enhanced expertise in the vital areas of organisational behaviour and management.
In collaboration with Edinburgh Napier University, SHRI Academy offers a 1-year part-time top-up degree leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology from Edinburgh Napier University.
The programme provide students with the knowledge and skills of Human Resource Management, drawing on theoretical, practical and business focused perspectives. This will be combined with the study of key areas of psychology to enable students to more fully understand the social and psychological processes operating in organisations and to develop ways of improving them through the application of specialist Human Resource Management processes. This programme provides the graduates with enhanced credibility and impact in the workplace.
Individuals graduating with a degree comprised of Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology will have an enhanced expertise in the key area of organisation behaviour and management of individuals at work and be well placed to make an effective and valuable contribution to an organisation.
Equips students with HRM knowledge and skills by fostering their comprehension, judgement, and intellectual and creative capacities.
Problem-Solving and Critical Analysis
Learn key areas of psychology to gain a deeper understanding of the social and psychological processes operating within organisations.
Improve the expertise in organisational behaviour and individual management to contribute to the organisation. This helps develop students’ ability to synthesise and apply study areas.
Develop employability and transferable skills in independent thinking and reflective learning to advance a career and contribute to an organisation.
Evolve interpersonal and communication skills of learners to be compatible with the requirements of highly complex organisational structures.
Who Should Attend?
HR or any Professional and support staff with an acceptable Diploma and working experience who aspire to specialise in Organisational Psychology within the Human Resource Management function and attain an educational level of a Bachelor degree as part of their career exploration.
The classes will be 7.00pm – 10.00pm
Strategic Management in A Global Context
- Understand the concepts and analytical frameworks for the organization to conduct a strategic analysis, to assess its strategic choices and to implement its chosen strategy effectively.
- Anticipate and respond to the environment by using their resources and capabilities to formulate and implement effective strategies.
Human Resource Development
- Design, deliver and evaluate the success of a training I leaning activity and examine learning activities such as e-learning and management development
- Examine the concepts of the Learning Organisation and knowledge management
- Evaluate the role of HRD in relation to business development and success
Organisational Change Management
- Understand the nature of organizational change
- Analyse frameworks for organizational change
- Appraise the effect of culture on change processes
- Evaluate tools and techniques used in the management of change
Managing the Employment Relationship
- Identify issues and practices associated with management of HRM and employment relationship
- Examine developments in the delivery and transformation of HRM in organizations and develop a critical awareness of issues involved with, and differences between forms of employee involvement and participation
- Analyse the management of morale, discipline, grievance, collective bargaining and consultation
- Focuses on individuals and groups in relation to their work.
- It looks at the contribution psychology can make to achieving “best fit” between people and their jobs, thereby enhancing productivity, satisfaction, safety and well-being at work.
- Four main areas are explored in depth: selection and assessment at work; human factors and work design; causes, consequences and strategies for dealing with occupational stress; and work motivation: theories, applications and implications for people and work, including aspects of team working
Individual Differences 2
- Concerned with how and why people are psychological different from each other, in contrast to most other areas of psychology, which tend to concentrate on similarities between people
- Focuses on two of the most interesting areas of individual differences:
- Personality and intelligence. It covers historical and conceptual issue in both personality and intelligence, before moving on to look at recent developments and current debates in both areas
- Other types of individual differences which have links with personality and intelligence (such as creativity , leadership, mood and motivation) are also considered.
Each module consists of 2 component of assessment. Students will be assessed based on written examinations and assignments. An examination for each module will be held at the end of each trimester.
10 Oct 2023
19 Sep 2023
14 Feb 2024
24 Jan 2024
7 days. Apply by
19 Sep 2023
On completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology programme, learners will earn 180 HR-related Training Hours/ CPD Hours (excluding Examination) that can be applied towards Application for or Renewal of IHRP certification.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology from Edinburgh Napier University.
A student may be awarded a Degree with Distinction by achieving an overall average mark of at least 65% in the best 60 credits at level 9.
Upon successful completion, participants may pursue the Postgraduate Diploma in various specialisations offered by SHRI Academy, and further progress to a 6-months top-up MSc in HR offered by Edinburgh Napier University.
Lectures – 1 : 70
Tutorials – 1 : 35