8 training hours
HR-related training hours
Course fee is subject to 7% GST
An employee has a grievance when he or she feels that he/she has been treated in an unfair manner. In some instances, with proper explanation and through counselling, the matter can be resolved. At other times, disciplinary actions are required to solve the matter on hand.
Upon reaching the decision to take the necessary disciplinary action, it is imperative to carry it out in a fair and just manner. This is to prevent any unhappiness between the employee and employer, as a negative relationship correlates to the working relationship within the organisation. Therefore, the people managers in the organisation need to be equipped with the proper skillsets to effectively handle grievance, discipline, and punish recalcitrant staff yet still gaining the respect and trust from other employees.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for supervisors, team leaders, managers, HR professionals or anyone who is or will be managing teams or individuals.
9.00am – 5.00pm
- Understand how grievances occur in the workplace and the common grievance in the workplace
- Handling grievances effectively
- Understand what discipline is and why the need to discipline
- The common types of discipline actions enforced
- How to decide what the level of disciplinary action needed based on the actions from the employee
- How to maintain a positive relationship in the workplace
- What are grievances and the negative consequences to it
- How to react and what to do when a grievance occurs
- Why discipline is need and the common rules of discipline
- What are the common types of disciplinary actions and infractions
- Ensuring that the disciplinary action enforced is a fair and just one
- Understanding what termination of service is
- Avoid the pitfalls of wrongful dismissal
- Ensuring that the dismissal is done fairly to avoid victimization
- The Dos and Don’ts to maintain a positive working relationship in the workplace
–. Apply by
This is a highly interactive course based on lectures, group discussion, and activities.
Virtually via Zoom.