16 training hours
HR-related training hours
Course fee is subject to 8% GST
In this current challenging business environment, employing the right individual for the organisation is crucial. Hiring the wrong individual not only have an impact on the cost of operation, but also on the morale, productivity, and efficiency of the organisation.
A critical step in employee selection is the interviewing and selection process. The Competency-based Interview and Selection Technique focuses on the applicant past actions or behaviour in relation to the competencies or skills required for the job applied. Through this method, hiring is more structured and focused; rather than based on guess-work, potential bias or discrimination.
-Understand traditional interview techniques issues
-List the difference between traditional and competency-based interview technique
-Develop questions for competency-based interview
-Conduct a competency-based interview
-Apply the selection technique after the interview
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Executives & new HR Executives who have to develop the skills to ensure a professional approach to recruit and select the right candidates for the job.
9.00am – 5.00pm
Module 1: The Different Techniques in the Interviewing Approach
- The success rate of a right hire
- The various assessment approaches and tools used
Module 2: Consequences of a Wrong Hire
- Why interviewing is vital for an organisation
- Why important for you as the hiring supervisor/manager
- Impact of the cost of a wrong hire on an organisation
Module 3: Traditional vs Competency-based Interview
- Problems with traditional interviewing techniques
- Types of questioning techniques
- Key factors of competency-based interviewing
- The fair and unbiased interviewing and selection approach
Module 4: Developing Questions for Competency-Based Interviewing
- Developing question based on job competency needs
- Questioning approach
- Evaluating response
- What not to ask – Fair employment practice
Module 5: Interviewing Process
- What is required before, during and after the interview
- Selection technique based on competencies
Module 6: Practice – Interviewing Role Play
–. Apply by
Lecture, activities and discussion.
Virtually via Zoom.