Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
The Singapore Human Resources Institute (SHRI) is the only not-for-profit professional HR body in Singapore, representing over 3,000 human resource professionals. Founded in 1965, SHRI is committed to promulgating and maintaining high standards of professionalism in human resource management and development.
Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this document (“Data Protection Policy”) is to inform you on how Singapore Human Resources Institute manages Personal Data which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“the Act”). Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data.
The Data Protection Policy supplements but does not replace any other consents you may have previously provided to SHRI in respect of your Personal Data (e.g. the Membership form that members sign when joining the SHRI). SHRI may from time to time update the Data Protection Policy to ensure that the Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on this page.
- Personal Data
- In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
- Collection of Personal Data
- We collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- (a) when you submit an application form to join the SHRI;
- (b) when you attend an SHRI event and you give us your Business Card
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you information regarding our events and activities.
- Purposes for the Collection and Use of Your Personal Data
- SHRI collects and uses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- (a) to keep you updated about SHRI activities such workshops, networking events, seminars, upcoming delegations by email blast or phone call;
- (b) to keep you in the loop with all the changes within SHRI (e.g. the new board of Directors) by email blast;
- (c) to share with our business affiliates or partners for marketing purposes subject to your consent*
- *Please note our business affiliates or partners will send you information on their products and services directly, and we shall only disclose the relevant contact information to them for that purpose.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- SHRI protects your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above.
- Contacting Us – Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- If you:
- (a) have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- (b) would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- (c) would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact SHRI at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Singapore Human Resources Institute
- 137 Cecil Street, #09-08 Cecil Building Singapore 069537 | Tel (65) 6438 0012
- Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer), you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to SHRI on your behalf.
- Governing Law
- This Data Protection Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore. For more info go to https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/legislation-and-guidelines