160 training hours
HR-related training hours
Course fee is subject to 8% GST
402 students have graduated from this programme
SHRI Academy’s PGDipHRM focuses on management of human assets at both International and National level.
Learners shall learn all typical HRM functions such as recruitment, selection, training and development, performance appraisal and dismissal in both international and local context. Additional activities such as global skills management, expatriate management while aligning organisational goals and achieving competitive advantage both at National and International level shall also be provided. The programme aims to provide in depth knowledge on approaches like Ethnocentric, Polycentric, Geocentric and Regiocentric which is needed in today’s rapidly changing global economy.
Who Should Attend?
HR Professionals, Executives, Managers aspiring to be HR Leaders of Tomorrow by enhancing employability, capabilities and market value.
Working professionals who wish to consider a future HR career progression or intend to have a career switch to explore HR.
Module 1: Human Resource Management Overview & Strategy – 40 hours
- This module provides an overview of the key deliverables of Organisational Strategies and Change Management within the Human Resources function. Course participants will be introduced to the fundamental theories, models, principles, practices, issues and case studies associated with Organisational Management and Change; so that the participant is able to translate the theories and strategies to achieve organisational goals.
- This module aims to enhance the learners’ skills and abilities to improve the overall credibility of the HR function by delivering programmes which are aligned with the business needs of their organisations.
Module 2: Human Resource Management / Human Resource Development – 40 hours
- This module relates to the management of diverse workforce through human resource management and human resource development. Globalisation has been the trend, Internationalisation is the norm, and Acculturation is the behaviour. As organisations merge, acquires and transform towards meeting the changes in business, people management must be “internationalised.” Cross-cultural management of workforce and successful selection of expatriate is crucial to sustain competitive advantage.
- The module focuses on HRM and HRD in international context.
Module 3: Human Resource Management (Compensation) – 40 hours
- HRM (Compensation) aims to introduce students to the study of Compensation Management by using the theories of equity and motivation in relation to compensation management, Analysis of the purposes, range and scope of pay systems as a major function of HRM, Designing salary and wage systems to align with business strategy and Creating Pay for performance systems.
Module 4: Human Resource Management (Performance Management & Work Re-design) – 40 hours
- This module aims to provide the course participants an overview of the key deliverables of Performance Management and Work Re-design within the Human Resources function. Course participants will be introduced to the fundamental theories, models, principles, practices, issues and case studies associated with HR Management and the organisation; so that the participant is able to translate the theories and strategies to achieve organisational goals.
Candidates are assessed by (a) individual assignment and/ or group assignment & class presentation (50%) and (b) written examination (50%) for all modules.
–. Apply by
On completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, learners will earn 160 HR-related Training Hours/ CPD Hours (excluding Examination) that can be applied towards Application for or Renewal of IHRP certification.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management will be awarded by SHRI Academy upon successful completion of the programme.
Upon successful completion, participants may pursue the Postgraduate Diploma in various specialisations offered by SHRI Academy, and further progress to a 6-months top-up MSc in HR offered by Edinburgh Napier University.