In collaboration with Edinburgh Napier University, SHRI Academy offers a 1-year part-time top-up degree leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology from Edinburgh Napier University.
The programme provide students with the knowledge and skills of Human Resource Management, drawing on theoretical, practical and business focused perspectives. This will be combined with the study of key areas of psychology to enable students to more fully understand the social and psychological processes operating in organisations and to develop ways of improving them through the application of specialist Human Resource Management processes. This programme provides the graduates with enhanced credibility and impact in the workplace.
Individuals graduating with a degree comprised of Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology will have an enhanced expertise in the key area of organisation behaviour and management of individuals at work and be well placed to make an effective and valuable contribution to an organisation.
The programme also aims to:
- Develop learners’ employability and transferable skills in independent thinking and reflective learning which will enable you to develop an existing career and contribute effectively in a business situation.
- Develop learners’ interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with demands of highly complex organisational structures.
- Develop learners’ understanding, judgement, intellectual and imaginative powers.
- Develop learners’ problem-solving and critical analysis abilities.
- Develop learners’ ability to synthesise areas of study and to perceive their application in a broader perspective.
Who Should Attend
HR or any Professional and support staff with an acceptable Diploma and working experience who aspire to specialise in Organisational Psychology within the Human Resource Management function and attain an educational level of a Bachelor degree as part of their career exploration.
About Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier University is one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland with over 18,000 students from 109 countries. Edinburgh Napier University offers industry-informed courses which combine the optimum balance of theory and practice, to equip graduates for success in today’s competitive global job market.
The high percentage of graduates employed or pursuing further studies is testament to their relevant degrees, which are developed with businesses and employers in mind and are often professionally accredited. An Edinburgh Napier University degree gives you the perfect mix of personal and professional skills for a successful career in today’s global market.
Students will benefit from international lecturers and a UK degree while studying in Singapore. You will also leave with the knowledge, skills and confidence to make a real impact in the workplace.
- 92% Research Internationally Recognised (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Top 180 University for International Outlook (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018)
- Rated 5 Stars for Teaching, Employability and Internationalisation (QS Stars 2018)
#1 University in Edinburgh
#2 Modern University in the UK
#6 Overall in Scotland
#21 Overall in the UK
#5th overall in UK for HRM subject education
With accordance to: The recent (2021) National Student Survey which measures student satisfaction across a number of areas and all universities in the UK.
Strategic Management in A Global Context
Understand the concepts and analytical frameworks for the organization to conduct a strategic analysis, to assess its strategic choices and to implement its chosen strategy effectively
Human Resource Development
- Design , deliver and evaluate the success of a training I leaning activity and examine learning activities such as e-learning and management development
- Examine the concepts of the Learning Organisation and knowledge management
- Evaluate the role of HRD in relation to business development and success
Organizational Change Management
- Understand the nature of organizational change
- Analyze frameworks for organizational change
- Appraise the effect of culture on change processes
- Evaluate tools and techniques used in the management of change
Managing the Employment Relationship
- Identify issues and practices associated with management of HRM and employment relationship
- Examine developments in the delivery and transformation of HRM in organizations and develop a critical awareness of issues involved with, and differences between forms of employee involvement and participation
- Analyse the management of morale, discipline, grievance, collective bargaining and consultation
- Focuses on individuals and groups in relation to their work.
- It looks at the contribution psychology can make to achieving “best fit” between people and their jobs. thereby to enhance productivity , satisfaction, safety and well-being at work.
- Four man areas are explored in depth: selection and assessment at work; human factors and work design; causes, consequences and strategies for dealing with occupational stress; and work motivation: theories, applications and implications for people and work, including aspects of team working
Individual Differences 2
- Concerned with how and why people are psychological different from each other, in contrast to most other areas of psychology , which tend to concentrate on similarities between people
- Focuses on two of the most interesting areas of individual differences:
personality and intelligence. It cover historical and conceptual issue in both personally and intelligence, before moving on to look at recent developments and current debates in both areas
- Other types of individual differences which have links with personality and intelligence (such as creativity , leadership, mod and motivation) are also considered.
Assessment Methods/ Certification
Students will be assessed based on written examinations and assignments. An examination for each module will be held at the end of each trimester.
Graduation and Degree
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology from Edinburgh Napier University.
Upon successful completion, participants may pursue the Postgraduate Diploma in various specialisations offered by SHRI Academy, and further progress to a 6-months top-up MSc in HR offered by Edinburgh Napier University.
IHRP CPD Hours
On completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology programme, learners will earn 180 HR-related Training Hours/ CPD Hours (excluding Examination) that can be applied towards Application for or Renewal of IHRP certification.
|Fresh Graduate||Mature Professionals|
Minimum Academic Qualification
Diploma in Business & Human Resource Management awarded by SHRI Academy / Diploma in HR
Minimum Academic Qualification
Relevant Diploma from other PEIs
Minimum Working Experience
Minimum Working Experience
GCE’O’ Level credit pass in English or IELTS 6.0 or TOEFl 80 & above or its equivalent
GCE’O’ Level credit pass in English or IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 & above or Level 6 in ESS (Employability skills system); or workplace Literacy ( WPL – Listening , Speaking, Reading and Writing) Level 6, or its equivalent
|Membership Entrance Fee||$120.00|
|1 Year Membership Subscription Fee||$50.00|
|Total Course Fee Before GST||$14,901.87|
|Total Course Fee with 7% GST||$15,945.00|
Application Fee – S$107.00 inclusive of GST (non-refundable and non-transferrable, payable upon application)
All fees to be payable in full before course commencement.
Progression waiver is applicable for students who sign up for any other programmes within 12 months from date of graduation.
|installment payment||Amount With GST|
|intake||commencement date||application closing date|
|26th||15 Jun 2022||30 May 2022|
|27th||12 Oct 2022||3 Oct 2022|
All applications must be submitted with the following:
- Completed application form*
- One recent passport-size photograph
- Front & Back photocopies of NRIC/ Passport
- Certified true copies of academic certificates & transcripts**
- Application Fee
**Applicants are required to bring along their original documents (for verification purposes) including copies of education qualifications and result transcript.
- Bank Transfer
- Cheque, Bank Draft, Cashier’s Order
Payable to:SHRI Academy Pte Ltd
- Credit Card (subject to additional admin charges)
- Internet Banking
- Telegraphic Transfer
SHRI Academy’s bank details are as follow
Account Name: SHRI Academy Pte Ltd
Bank Name: DBS Bank Ltd
Account No.: 003-906454-3 (Current Account)
UEN Number: 200722689Z
Branch Name: DBS MBFC Branch
Bank Code: 7171
Branch Code: 003
Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
Students should email and notify SHRI Academy immediately of any payment made by Bank Transfer,
ATM Transfer or Telegraphic Transfer.
Enquiry Phone Number:
+65 6438 0012
137 Cecil Street
Cecil Building #09-08