Human Resource Analytics and Insights
HR Skills Framework Competency Standard Code: HRS-HRM-5030-1.1
SkillsConnect Course Reference Code: CRS-Q-0040060-HRS
In today’s highly competitive business world, people decisions and people related initiatives and programs are vital to make a difference in organisational capability to succeed. This 2-day Short Course aims to provide learners with knowledge and skills for Human Resource Analysis capability to equip them in making important decisions relating to enhancing people’s capability which must be data-based and evidence-based using people related metrics and analysis.
The Course is based on the strategies and approaches of HR analytics with key concepts and tools to surface key issues and provide directions and options to enhance people related decisions to achieve business results.
· To define the business imperatives relating to HR matters that need to use HR data analytics that are aligned with organisational vision and strategies
· To define the types of business issues can be investigated using the necessary data collection frameworks with key business stakeholders
· To select and lead with appropriate components of different data analytics technologies and tools to support identified objectives for HR data collection and analysis aligned to business needs
· To determine and conceptualize the data framework which include availability, types, models, suitability and levels of HR data with impact implication and evaluation required for generation of insights to address identified business-related HR issues
· To define the business issues to be investigated using analytics with key business stakeholders and select appropriate analytics technologies and tools
· To provide leadership for analysing and application of analytics with appropriate methods of forming an effective data analytic plan for both internal and external data for business planning
· To evaluate and communicate the business impact and viability of the insights derived using appropriate visualisation methods and facilitate strategic prioritization of business issues and new areas of focus that can be further analysed
· To determine Lead engagement efforts and application of best practices of analytics for future business planning with continuous improvement to the HR data collection and analytic processes
· Business Imperatives and Human Resource Analysis Framework
o Explain the Business Case for HR Metrics and Analytics
o Discuss the definition and scope of HR Analytics
o Appreciate the place of HR Analytics as part of an overall organisational Analytics
o Data Identification & Preparation, Data Governance and Data Cleaning
· Data Framework and Models to support strategies
o Understand the data sources and Metrics for HR matters
o Identify some of the data availability in the entire Employment Lifecycle
o Identify some of the approaches and costs of collecting HR related data
o Understand the data benchmarking, data relationship, interpretation and insights
o Understand the relationship between HR data and financial data
o Understand the concepts of data mining, data modelling, predictive analysis, and approaches to do benchmarking
· Use of appropriate data collection and analytical tools and techniques to support business and HR agenda
o Understand the key concept of correlation of Financial data and HR related data / metrics and their effective interpretation and presentation
o Understand the approaches of developing HR Metrics / Indicators at critical stages of Employment Lifecycle
· HR Analytics and Implementation
o Develop HR Metrics and Analytics in:
– Skills audit and skill lost prediction
– Other critical issues for management decisions
o Describe how to develop insightful presentation;
o Describe basic statistics in HR Analytics;
o Describe applications of HR Analytics outcomes with dashboard and data visualisation tools;
o Understand the approaches to keep abreast of local and global HR trends and developments to provide further benchmarking insights on data analysis outcome
· Evaluate and communicate the business insights and impact
o Appreciate data-based HR interventions with pre-determined evaluation metrics / indicators for organisational enhance and improvement; and
o Develop the skillsets for using spreadsheets in HR Analytics
o Acquire skills and tools to understand business strategy and how to align HR strategies with Business strategies
o Make a professional project presentation taking into consideration the business context and operating environment.
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, this course incorporates:
- Applicable contemporary practices
- Case studies
- Sharing of experiences
- Interactive delivery of learning materials
- Practical exercises
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- HR professionals seeking to advance their foundational competence in HR Analytics
- New entrants to the HR function who wish to acquire understanding of evidence based HRM
AWARD OF CERTIFICATION
Participants must achieve at least 75% attendance and must have passed the competency assessments to attain the Statement of Attainment.
Please note that the above Short Course – “Human Resource Analytics and Insights” has been accredited by IHRP.
Profile of Trainer
Victor Kow has more than 38 years’ experience in senior management functions, strategic human resource management, training & development, management & leadership development, employee relations, information technology management and management consultancy in both the public and private sectors in the Asia Pacific region. He has conducted numerous management training courses and carried various management consultancy competency based learning & development work in the Asia-Pacific region in both English and Chinese. Victor is a Certified Advanced HR Analytical Professional.
Victor has working knowledge of HR and strategic management matters in the Asia Pacific region. He has extensive experience in Talent and Leadership Management in large organizations in the region. He was previously an Employer Panel Member, Singapore Industrial Arbitration Court. He has conducted various workshops in Human Resource Management for senior Government officials of Commonwealth countries, Thailand, Vietnam and China in Singapore. He was also invited to conduct customized workshops for senior government officials in Vietnam, Macau, Tanzania and Pakistan. Victor has also customized numerous training workshops for Multinational Organizations both in Singapore and in the Asia Pacific region in various areas in Management, and HR.
|8th Intake||22 & 23 September 2020
Tuesday & Wednesday
Time: 10am to 6pm (Registration commences at 9:30am)
$642.00 (Inclusive of GST)
- SSG Funding
Skills Development Fund (SDF) & SkillsFuture Funding
For Training Grant application, please use the following reference code.
Course reference code in SkillsConnect: CRS-Q-0040060-HRS
Course Support Period: 18 Feb 2020 to 17 Feb 2022
|Normal||Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)||Workfare Training Support (WTS)|
|Singapore Citizens (SCs) aged ≤ 39 years/Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs)||Singapore Citizens (SCs) aged 21 years to 39 years/Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) aged ≥ 21 years||Employer / Self-Sponsored Singapore Citizens (SCs) aged ≥ 40 years||Singapore Citizens (SCs) aged ≥ 35 years & earning ≤ $2,000/month|
**Submit Training Grant Application via www.skillsconnect.gov.sg
|Non SME||SME||Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)|
|non WTS||WTS||non WTS||WTS|
|Training Grant||$240.00||$570.00||$ 540.00||$570.00||$540.00|
|Amount Payable after training grant(inclusive 7% GST)||$402.00||$72.00||$102.00||$72.00||$102.00|
|Details^^ Subsidy Type to be keyed in eRegistration form.||Normal||WTS||Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)|
|Amount Payable after training grant (inclusive 7% GST)||$402.00||$72.00||$102.00|
*Grant amount indicated here does not include absentee payroll (AP) funding as this is dependent on the trainee’s hourly basic salary (other than for trainees supported by surrogate Employers, where AP is computed on flat rate independent of salary).
- Trainee must attend at least 75% of the course, complete the assessment with a pass or competent result.
- Trainee needs to key in the details as mentioned in the eRegistration Form and email the Mandatory Document(s) to the Training Provider.
(Applying for SSG Training Grant)
**ONLY APPLICABLE TO SELF-SPONSORED TRAINEE WHO ARE APPLYING FOR SSG FUNDING SUPPORT.
**Mandatory Documents to be submitted/emailed to Training Provider within 24 hours upon submission of Registration. (otherwise Registration will not be completed.). This is to facilitate Training Provider to apply for SSG Funding on your behalf.
a) NRIC (Front & Back)
b) Highest Education Qualification (Certificate)
c) Any authorised document by your company (on company’s letterhead) to state your current designation and Fixed Monthly Salary
**Optional for Trainee not applying for SSG Funding support
(SkillsFuture Credit for self-sponsored Singapore Citizen age 25 years and above)
Self-sponsored applicant can use the SkillsFuture credit to offset the course fees by applying through http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
Trainee can check their credit balance and transactions via http://www.skillsfuture.sg/credit.
Application for SkillsFuture Credit:
- Upon receipt of email confirmation, trainee will need to log in to SkillsFuture Credit portal to apply for the SkillsFuture Credit and upload the email confirmation & Tax Invoice.
- Take a screen shot of the approval with the amount applied for and the word ‘approved’, scan and email it to Training Provider before commencement of the course and upon making fee payment.
- Training Provider will collect the NETT Fee (i.e. less the SkillsFuture Credit amount) from trainee.
- The receipt that will be issued to trainee will indicate an outstanding amount (i.e. the SkillsFuture Credit amount) which Training Provider will claim from SkillsFuture Credit after the successful completion of the short course.
For Company Registration:
(Applying for SSG Training Grant)
- Companies who are applying funding for trainee(s), please submit Training Grant application in SkillsConnect website before registration.
- Training Grant Application (TG) number is to be submitted/ emailed to the Training Provider within 24 hours after submitting the eRegistration.
- Payment for the course must be by company cheque or via GIRO.
- For more information on SDF Training Grant application, please visit to : https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/
- Company upon submission of the eRegistration, will need to submit/ email the Mandatory Document(s) of the Trainee to Training Provider within 24 hours upon submission of Registration.
(otherwise Registration will not be completed)
- NRIC (Front & Back) – This is to ensure that the Certificate issued is with the correct Name as per NRIC.
- Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for the 2-day Short Course.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. Trainee must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. Trainee must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed assessment. Other terms and conditions apply.
For more information, please click here.
ONLINE COURSE REGISTRATION
*** All course registrations are subject to our Terms and Conditions, please click here to view.
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication.
SHRI Academy reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Lynn Koo | Tel: 64380012