Organisations have always been focused on basic talent management :acquiring, hiring and retaining talented employees. To drive optimal levels of success, business leaders need engaged, high-performing employees. The key to inciting a workforce to greatness is to align your talent management programme and practices with company strategy, define consistent leadership criteria across all functional areas, and identify specific competencies to cultivate for continuing growth.
Business leaders who implement the optimum talent management processes are more prepared than their competitors to compete in the global economy and capitalize quickly on new opportunities. True success is only available when companies do more than adapt to long-term trends; they must be able to anticipate and jump on new opportunities before the rest of the market. A strategic talent management plan allows you to better achieve this.
This workshop will show you the way to easily learn key concepts & proven practices, adapt to your organisation needs and apply it through the help of your key stakeholders. You will acquire talent management analytical tools, templates and case studies to facilitate the transfer of knowledge to actual implementation.
After the training, learners will be able to
- Understand the nature of talent and its competitive advantage to the organisation.
- Describe the talent management key phases
- Describe a range of tools to conduct individual and multi-rater assessment
- Distinguish between performance and potential, and determine the components for measuring potential
- Determine competency gaps and development opportunities for critical positions
- Simulate a talent identification exercise
- Implement a succession planning programme
- Identify success criteria and develop a tracking mechanism
- Talent management in a changing world
- Clarify the business leaders’ expectations and preferences
- Establishing a plan that is aligned to business needs and values
- Stakeholders ownership and responsibilities
Define Competency Model
- Establish competency models by hierarchical level or by department
- Identify core and leadership competencies
- Provide a blueprint of what talent to build at present and in the future
- Talent defined through abilities, aspiration and engagement
- Conduct individualized, multi-rater, full-circle assessments
- Determine gaps between what competencies an individual currently possesses and what he or she should possess to be successful
Performance and Potential Assessment
- Link performance management to talent development
- Establish a means by which to assess individuals for advancement
- Application of the performance and potential managerial grid
- Prepare a workforce planning
- Establish a means of regular, ongoing individual development planning
- Setting streched goals to devise a plan to narrow those gaps and prepare for the future
Individual Development Plans
- Develop smart people with the 70-20-10 learning strategy
- Steps in the implementation of the invidiual development plan
- More effective methods in accelerating high potential employees
Individual & Organizational Accountability
- Establish individual and organizational accountability for systematic succession planning effort
- Steps in the development of a succession plan and pitfalls to avoid
- Assessment of organisation readiness in the succession planning
Measure & Evaluate Results
- Identify key business objectives and measures
- Evaluate the results of the overall talent management agenda
- Continuous improvement in the talent development and succession plans
Who Should Attend
A must for all who have responsibilities in the learning and development of staff. Especially L&D and HR Managers, HR business partners, Heads of function and line trainers.
2 Days (14 hours)
Note: SkillsFuture + UTAP Fundings available
|Commence Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|2-3 Nov 2017||2 Days||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.