Managing difficult interactions takes time, patience, and energy. Thus, before you plunge into trying to address a tough situation with someone, it’s useful to carefully consider several factors. Your primary aim is to invest your time and energy wisely—in situations that have the best chance of being improved.
For difficult interactions that you’ve decided are worth tackling, you’ll need to master techniques for simultaneously getting at the facts behind the situation, understanding the emotions involved, and dealing with concerns about self-image that often accompany such situations.
Let’s start by exploring the bigger picture – your corporate success.
- Identify the interpersonal differences that trigger difficult interactions
- Productively discuss the emotions that difficult interactions can raise
- Design solutions that satisfy your and the other party’s most important interests and concerns
- Learn and apply the Art of Assertiveness
- Understand the 4 phases of Human Emotional Curve
- Developing 5 positive principles
- Triggers to Difficult Interactions
- Overcome Barriers to Action
- Differences in Interests, Concerns and Styles
- Discuss challenges and opportunities
- Conflict Management Strategies
- Leveraging the Thomas Kilman Instrument in managing difficult situations
- Different approach for different situations / groups
- Art of Assertiveness – The winning language of emotional intelligence (EQ)
- The 5 Assertiveness techniques in action
- Establishing interim positions and agreements
- Summarise and Agreement in Conflict Resolution
Who Will Benefit
1 day, 7.5 hours
Note: SkillsFuture Funding currently unavailable
|21 Jun 2017||1 Day (7 hours)
(9am – 5pm)
|9 Oct 2017||1 Days (7 hours)
(9am – 5pm)
All prices listed here are subject to the prevailing GST charges. All information on this page are correct at the time of its publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.
- 10% off for members