Performance Appraisal is a time where managers, supervisors and staff come together to evaluate the performance against a number of objectives. An effective appraisal will motivate employees, retain staff, develop employees, and achieve outstanding performance in an organization.
The performance management system is more than just evaluating staff performance. The performance management system is a comprehensive approach, starting from setting objectives, monitoring performance, evaluating performance, and developing training and development plan. To have an effective performance management system that will motivate, retain and develop staff; manager, supervisors or staffs who have to do appraisal must see the process as a total system to be effective.
In this 1-Day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe what performance Management is
- State the key success factors to have an effective performance appraisal system
- Describe steps needed to have an effective performance appraisal system
- Explain the role and responsibility of the management and staff in performance appraisal
- Developing performance goals that align with the business requirements
- Assess performance objectively
- Evaluate performance and conduct an appraisal session
- What is Performance Management?
- Understanding Organisation, department and individual goals relationship
- Understand the Performance appraisal process
- Roles and responsibilities in the Performance appraisal process
- Common issues in performance appraisal
- Impacts of non-performers
- Writing SMART objectives
- Evaluating Performance
- Monitoring and sources for performance feedback
- Pitfalls to avoid appraising performance rating
- Writing comments for the evaluation
- Providing Feedback
- Conducting Performance appraisal interview
- Approach to communicating performance evaluation rating
- Approach to handling employees disagreement to the performance evaluation
- Developing training and development plans after appraisal
Who Will Benefit
This course is suitable for supervisors, team leaders, managers or anyone who is or will be managing teams or individuals.
This is a highly interactive course based on lecturing, group discussion, videos, and activities.
Profile of Trainer
Beng Teck has more than 25 years’ experience working in the multinational company as well as in SME. Actively involved in Human Resource Development and had wide varieties of experience in different positions from Account Management, Operation Manager to Acting Director of Learning and Development Asia Pacific in a multinational corporation.
He brings with him a wealth of experience working with people from all levels of the organization and different business functions in companies across Asia Pacific. He is experienced in developing and managing Talent Management program, and was involved in developing and implementing interventions for organisational performance. Beng Teck travelled extensively in Asia Pacific, leading in the development of learning curriculum for roles based on competency and skills assessment.
He had conducted training, as well as facilitated training workshops in Singapore and various other Asia Pacific countries, focusing in areas of performance management, project management, consulting, leadership and management, teamwork and other soft skills. He is highly energetic, and has a strong passion for developing people, thus quickly engaging his participants.
1 day, 7 hours
A highly interactive course based on lecture, activities, videos and discussion.
Note: SkillsFuture Fundings available
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|05 Sep 2018||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
|14 Nov 2018||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.