Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the 2017 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they’ll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
SHRI’s program offers you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
Learning System Modules
The course content reflects the SHRM Body of Competency & Knowledge developed by the Society for Human Resource Management.
This course of study will in no way guarantee or assure success in the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Exam. Students must use the most recent edition of the SHRM® Learning System for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP for this certification preparation course.
Assess your current knowledge
- Complete an online assessment to determine current knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
- Create a personal SmartStudy plan to identify learning priorities, estimate study time and create a roadmap to success.
Study your way to success
- Read learning modules based upon the SHRM BoCK online or offline with two flexible options. When you’re online, navigate quickly and easily from reading a module to completing questions and other activities. For offline access, download the e-reader files to your device.
- Review Quickstart videos to provide an overview of the foundational elements for each of the HR behavioral competencies.
- Study Flashcards in online or printed format to reinforce your memory of key terms and concepts.
Apply what you have learned
- Utilize over 1,500 practice questions to assess your competencies and test your knowledge and understanding.
- Engage in six “competencies in action” activities that put you in the role of an HR professional who is faced with unique challenges. Analyze the situation, consider the background information, complete the activities and make your decision!
Pass your exam with confidence
- Complete a post-test which mimics the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam format and weighting to build exam day confidence.
- Review test-taking tips and download the SHRM Certification Handbook.
- Online assessment to determine current knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
SmartStudy Planning Tool
- Create a personal SmartStudy plan to identify priorities, estimate study time and create a roadmap to success.
- Eight online videos that provide an overview of the foundational elements for each of the behavioral competencies.
- Designed to be a starting point to understand the behavioral competencies from an overview level.
- Nearly 400 hundred flashcards covering all four modules.
- Available in online and printable formats.
- Over 1,500 questions.
- Knowledge tests for each section within all four modules.
- Situational judgment tests for each of the four modules.
Competencies in Action:
- Six engaging activities that put you in the role of an HR professional faced with unique challenges.
- Analyze the situation, consider the background information, complete the activities and make your decision.
- Two competencies in action for each competency cluster.
- Comprehensive glossary of terms for easy reference.
- Available online or while reading the materials.
- Additional resources including index for learning modules, summary of key formulas, summary of laws and a summary of legal cases.
- Flashcards, available in online or printed format.
- Related Links to key HR information such as certification and additional resources.
- Feedback forum for evaluation and suggestions.
- HR Updates with legislative changes and new HR developments.
- Tests are weighted and balanced based on SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exams.
- Multiple choice knowledge questions and situational judgment scenarios with 2-4 related questions.
- Includes strike through, mark and review and time limits, consistent with the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exams.
SHRM Certification Eligibility
* Less than a bachelor’s degree refers to: working towards a bachelor’s degree; associate degree; qualifying HR certificate programme; high school diploma or GED.
**Do note: this is a preparatory course that SHRI is conducting for the SHRM Certification; hence, SHRI will not be issuing any certification upon course completion.
To apply for the SHRM Certification and enrol for the exam, please visit: https://portal.shrm.org/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Profile/Default.aspx.
|Course Starts Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|25th – 27th May 2017||3 Lessons (24 hours)
(9am – 6pm)
Email your name and contact details to email@example.com
□ SHRI-SHRM Certification Preparatory Course □ SHRM Learning System (4 Modules) materials
All prices listed here are subject to the prevailing GST charges. All information on this page are correct at the time of its publication.
SHRI reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.