- Launched new programme: Graduate Diploma in Financial Management
- Appointed by WDA to be one of the approved training providers for ‘Singapore 2006 Customer Service Training Programme’ as part of ‘Go-the-Extra-Mile for Service’ (GEMS) Movement
- Refreshed SHRI Brand imagery to project a more distinct and chic brand character of SHRI
- Launched the 11th World HR Congress & Business-Connect Exposition Singapore 2006 at the Singapore Expo, opened by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, and witnessed a record high attendance of 2000 delegates, with foreign delegates hailing from 62 overseas countries, the highest number recorded in the history of WFPMA’s world congresses
- Partnered U21Global online graduate programme to offer sponsorships to professionals, as well as members and staff of SHRI. Programmes offered: Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science in Information Systems
- Collaborated with WDA to develop a HR Manpower Skills and Training Council (MSTC) to set out clear HR competency standards and skills requirements for each occupational group in the industry
- Supported World Vision project to raise funds for the victims of the Yogyakarta massive quake
- Appointed as Secretary General and Treasurer of the World Federation of Personnel Management Associations (WFPMA) for the term 2006-2008. SHRI was honoured to represent Singapore, the third country after the US and UK, to take on this role.