SHRI Academy’s BCHRM programme is a practical course that is designed specially for those with little or no human resource experience, but who are interested in this field. The course also provides a sound foundation for those who wish to move on to the Certificate in HRM programme.
Module 1 – Employee Resourcing and Contracts of Employment
- HRM Overview
- Recruitment & Selection Process
- Job Orientation & Job Analysis
- Contract of Service – basic employment laws
Module 2 – Managing Human Resources and Payroll Administration
- Human Resource / Employee Records
- Welfare and Benefits Administration
- Employment of Foreign Labour
- Payroll Administration
- Determining Basic / Gross Rate of Pay
- Payment of Work on Rest Day, Public Holiday and Non-Working Day
- Payment For Overtime
- Maternity, In-camp and Other Authorised Absences
- Authorised Deductions of Salary
- Income Tax Clearance
- SDF Contribution – Process & Application
Module 3 – Managing the Workplace Environment
- Workplace, Safety & Health Act (including – Safety & Occupational Health Management)
- Industrial Relations
- Industrial Relations Act
- Trade Union Act
The modules listed above may be conducted in a different sequence.
- 3 months; 54 training hours
- Each module will be conducted independently
- Duration for each module is an estimated average of 1 month
- Lessons are conducted twice a week
Candidates are assessed through assignments and written examinations at the end of each module. The Basic Certificate in Human Resource Management will be awarded by SHRI Academy to candidates upon successful completion of all 3 modules. No certificate will be awarded for completion of individual modules.
BCHRM graduates are encouraged to proceed to enrol in the Certificate in Human Resource Management.