In this current challenging business environment, employing the right individual for the organisation is crucial. Hiring the wrong individual not only have an impact on the cost of operation, but also on the morale, productivity, and efficiency of the organisation.
A critical step in employee selection is the interviewing and selection process. The Competency-based Interview and Selection Technique focuses on the applicant past actions or behaviour in relation to the competencies or skills required for the job applied. Through this method, hiring is more structured and focused; rather than based on guess-work, potential bias or discrimination.
- Understand traditional interview techniques issues
- List the difference between traditional and competency-based interview technique
- Develop questions for competency-based interview
- Conduct a competency-based interview
- Apply the selection technique after the interview