The upcoming revision in Singapore’s Employment Act (EA) 2019 features distinctive changes in employment relationships with regard to contractual terms and statutory conditions, in particular, for the Non-Workmen and PMEs (Professional, Managers and Executives) categories. Some of the changes in relation to termination and dismissal would apply across the board, including the Workman category.
During the session, SHRI will be sharing the five changes in the Employment Act that take effect on 1 April 2019 as well as highlight specific impacts to facilitate employers in their preparations:
- Extension of Coverage for PMEs
- Removal of Annual Leave from Part IV of EA
- Increase in Salary Capping for Non-Workman
- Removal of Overtime Capping in Overtime Computation for Non-Workman
- Re-define Coverage of Contract Termination and Dismissal
Join our Dec #infoHR session on 5 Dec 2018 at SHRI office, 10 Eunos Road 8 Singapore Post Centre #13-07, Singapore 408600 (South Lobby).
#infoHR is specially tailored for Singapore’s HR community and Employers, for an insightful sharing session on the support for capability upgrading and technologies available in the market! It will touch mainly on the HR/Employer related Government Programmes & Schemes, and sharing by HR Tech companies. Each monthly session features different themes, speakers and solution providers.
Join the session today!
1.30pm: Registration & Networking
2.00pm: Recruitment 4.0
- Presented by Christine Liu
- Head, Partner Acquisitions – StaffOnDemand
2.45pm: The secrets behind better retention that shouldn’t be secrets
- Presented by Andy G. Schmidt
- Founder & CEO – Beekeeper Communication
3.30pm: Changes to the Employment Act
- Presented by Henri Tan
- Associate Trainer and Consultant, SHRI.
5.00pm: Light refreshments | Networking session
5.30pm: End of event
*Please note that the programme schedule is subject to change