16 training hours
HR-related training hours
Course fee is subject to 8% GST
Payroll Administration is not just entering data into your company’s HR System. This workshop is designed to provide higher-level insights to the local legislative laws surrounding the practice and administration of a compensation (salary and benefits) system in an organization. Participants will be given a tour of a typical computerized payroll system to enable them apply the correct techniques in handling day-to-day payroll administration and issues. Participants will also develop an understanding of compensation components and the latest trends affecting payroll administration.
Who Should Attend?
HR Managers, Non-HR Managers, Compensation Managers, Accounts personnel, and any personnel who is involved or is required to know about the payroll administration and details of how to apply legislation correctly, ensure compliance and minimise risks to ensure an effective payroll system in an organization.
9.00am – 5.00pm
- (Adding knowledge to the organisation) The payroll workshop is specially designed to provide participants with a good understanding of the statutory laws and legal issues relating to or affecting the payroll as well as to cover the various payroll calculations payroll administration systems, and latest trends.
- (Equipping the learner) It is important that the people performing payroll administration is able to process the payroll accurately and timely, but they must also able to manage questions from peers and management on compensation issues and legislation requirements.
This programme will be covering the following:
- Introduction to the Employment Act (Parts I, II, IV & X)
- The Singapore Employment Act – Maternity Benefits (PART IX: Sub 1 of 2)
- The Singapore Employment Act (Part IX: Sub 2 of 2 & PART X) and Child Development Co-Savings Act (Chapter 38A)
- Payment of Salary (Employment Act: Part III)
- Central Provident Fund Act (Cp 36)
- Part-Time Employees (Employment Act: Part VIA)
- Other Legislations: Retirement Act and Re-Employment (Cp 274A), NS Act (Cp 202) & Workmen Injury Compensation Act (Cp 354) & Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (Cp 91A)
- Income Tax Act (Cp 134 Singapore Statutes)
–. Apply by
Lecture, group discussion, case study, hands-on application and practice.
To understand the mechanics of an organisation’s compensation components
The critical issues to watch out for in the Employment Act
To create awareness of statutory laws (ie: Employment Act, Child Development Co-Savings Act, CPF Act, NS Act, Income Tax Act, and others)
To apply the legislated requirements using standardised formulas & detailed calculation
To appreciate the overview of the components in a computerized payroll system and apply correct techniques in handling day-to-day payroll administration and issues
Virtually via Zoom.
All course registrations are subject to our Terms and Conditions, please click here to view.
If you wish to have an in-house run for this course, reach out to us at email@example.com.