This course provides human resources professional a comprehensive overview of executive compensation. Enables participants to contribute to design a more effective compensation system. Participants will explore best practices for aligning executive pay to business strategy and company goals and for meeting shareholder expectations. You will learn about the impact of COVID-19 on executive compensation and treatments of equity plans in the events of retrenchment. You will get a complimentary summary copy of Singapore CEOs Remuneration report which collated all the listed companies remuneration level for CEOs.
Who Should Attend
Mid to Senior level HR professionals.
This workshop aims to equip participants with the knowledge and ability to effectively design and manage executive compensation plans within your organisation.
- Executive Rewards in a Total Rewards Strategy
- Learn about the evolution of executive rewards and the impact of COVID-19 on executive compensation. Understand how to design executive compensation plan for your organisation. Explore the factors to consider when developing an executive rewards strategy.
- Executive Compensation and Corporate Governance
- Understand Singapore Code of Corporate Governance requirements on executive compensation and the role of the board of directors and Remuneration Committee.
- Performance Measurement of Executive Performance
- Learn about performance measures commonly used in executive compensation. Learn about the role of financial statements as indicators of executive performance. Cover the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flow along with other key financial and performance measures.
- Salary and Short-Term Incentive Strategies
- Learn about pay benchmarking for executives. Gain knowledge about short-term incentives, including the types of incentives, the basis for setting goals, performance measures, pay-out approaches and the characteristics of an effective plan.
- Long-Term Incentive Plans
- Review the factors that affect the selection of long-term incentive selections, as well as the types of long-term incentives (both cash and equity settled plans), stock options, restricted shares and performance shares.
On-site instructor-led or delivery of course materials and case studies with the added value of face-to-face interaction with a subject-matter expert.
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Platform: SHRI Premises @
137 Cecil Street, #09-08
SHRI Members: S$650.00
(Sign up for SHRI Membership to enjoy $100 off course fee!)
(Course fee is subject to 7% GST)
Limited Seats only, sign up now to avoid disappointment!
*Grant amount indicated here does not include absentee payroll (AP) funding as this is dependent on the trainee’s hourly basic salary (other than for trainees supported by surrogate Employers, where AP is computed on flat rate independent of salary).
Kevin Goh is a seasoned HR professional with over 33 years of strategic, advisory and operational HR experience. He partners with and advises senior management, Remuneration Committees and Board of private and public listed companies in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Hong Kong and China to provide solutions around senior leaders and Board of Directors remunerations with emphasise on linking total rewards to company strategy and performance.
He has helmed various senior positions in companies such as at Korn Ferry, Hay Group, Raffles Holdings, ST Assembly Test Services and AT&T Microelectronics.
Kevin’s areas of expertise includes design of total compensation structure, short-term and long-term incentive plans, equity-based incentive plans, benefits design, top management pay design, share plan valuations, non-executive director compensation, severance package, retirement gratuity and performance management.
He holds a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from Singapore Polytechnic, Diploma in Training & Development Management and Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management from Singapore Institute of Management.