Career progression/development is a top driver of employee engagement and retention of high potentials and performing employees. However, it is usually not a focus area for many organizations, often scoring lower in engagement surveys. Employees want to grow and develop, and it is important for HR professionals to understand how to manage & guide employees with regards to this topic. This workshop will serve to provide HR professionals with the right framework & skills to provide employees with career guidance & coaching.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for HR professionals, line supervisors, team leaders, managers or anyone who is or will be managing teams or individuals.
In this 1-Day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the future of work & how it applies to modern day career development
- Describe & explain the RIASEC framework
- Understand the use of the Career Potential Inventory as a tool to assess an employees’ fit in the organization
- Provide the ongoing coaching and career guidance employees for them to achieve their potential.
- Increase the employees’ motivation and commitment to their own success
- Understanding the future of work
- Identifying the CAKE profile of an employee
- Reviewing the RIASEC framework & how to assess an employee based on using the CPI (Career Potential Inventory)
- Career Development discussion
- Handling difficult conversations
- Case studies and discussion
This is a highly interactive course based on lecturing, group discussion, case studies, and activities.
Date: 2 & 3 November 2022
Wednesday & Thursday
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
SHRI Members: S$650.00
(Sign up for SHRI Membership to enjoy $100 off course fee!)
(Course fee is subject to 7% GST)
Limited Seats only, sign up now to avoid disappointment!
*Grant amount indicated here does not include absentee payroll (AP) funding as this is dependent on the trainee’s hourly basic salary (other than for trainees supported by surrogate Employers, where AP is computed on flat rate independent of salary).
SHRI CORP, Associate Trainer
Desmond has extensive experience in human resources and organisational development, both in the United States and around Asia. His career journey has taken him between consulting and several senior leadership roles in talent management/ organisational development across multiple industries. He was previously the Managing Director for premier HR consulting firm and is now the Principal Consultant with Argonite Consulting & Advisory, focusing on enabling leadership success, realising organisational transformation & designing talent management frameworks.
His expertise encompasses the design and implementation of assessment and development centers, change and talent management processes, executive coaching, organisational development interventions, as well as capability building and development/ learning strategies. Desmond’s consulting experience spans across industries including pharmaceuticals, logistics, heavy industries, finance (banking and insurance), FMCG, manufacturing, shipping, information technology, oil and gas, and telecommunications.