Communicating Effectively & Strategically
The role of a HR Business Partner (HRBP) involves having regular conversations with business leaders on people matters. Given the fast-pace business environment that most if not all businesses are operating in, it is vital for the HRBP to be able to conduct these conversations strategically and be able to convey messages cross effectively in a two-way manner that not only engages the leaders to continue these conversations, but to be able to build the credibility and trust that these leaders have in HR.
This 1-day Short Course would provide participants with a strong foundation to the factors that drive and obstruct effective communication, and to be able to plan and conduct conversations strategically with business leaders. The examples and cases discussed in the course would be relevant to the business environment that a HRBP would operate in. Each participant would also takeaway a good understanding of his or her own communication style using a commonly used profile assessment.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the factors supporting and obstructing effective communication
- Apply the understanding to analyse how to ensure that effective communication can be conducted
- Understand a process on strategic communication and applying the understanding with stakeholders
- Understand own communication style and that of others so as to optimise communication between self and others
- Understand the key behaviours to be a trusted advisor with stakeholders
Effective Communication Model
- The elements of effective communication
- Factors that support and obstruct an effective communication
- Apply this model in a day-to-day interactions with internal stakeholders as a HRBP
Strategic Communication Process
- What is strategic communication?
- The 8-step process and what goes into each step
- Apply the process to a case study that is relevant to all HRBPs
Understanding Communication Styles
- The 4 different types of communication style
- What is my predominant style?
- Strengths and challenges of each style in communicating effectively and strategically
- How to optimise each style to that of the others
Becoming A Trusted Advisor
- Who is a Trusted Advisor
- The Trust Equation
- The 5 key traits of a Trusted Advisor
Delivery is made up of a combination of active learning, to maximise learning effectiveness.
The course incorporates:
- Sharing of experiences and perceptions by participants and facilitator
- Interactive discussions and use of learning materials between the participants and with the facilitator
- Participants-led group work and presentation on case studies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
HR professionals, Senior Managers, Managers and Executives seeking to advance their skillsets in effective communication and gaining useful know-how in communicating strategically with internal stakeholders.
To help participants understand the absorption of Learning Outcome, a short assessment is given within the 1 day Short Course.
If the participant passes the short assessment; a Certificate of Completion shall be awarded by SHRI Academy Pte Ltd.
The purpose of the short assessment is to help the participants to know their SWOT and does not guarantee the success/failure in the actual IHRP Certification Assessment.
However, should the participant be unable to complete the short assessment, a Certificate of Attendance shall be awarded by SHRI Academy Pte Ltd.
Please note that the above Short Course “Communicating Effectively & Strategically” has been accredited by IHRP.
Profile of Trainer
SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) Certified HR Analytics Professional (Advanced Level) – Singapore Management University. Registered Management Consultant – ESG-Recognised, RMC-10047. Specialist Adult Educator – Adult Educators’ Professionalization, Institute for Adult Learning. Adult Educator Mentor – Institute for Adult Learning. Certified Productivity Professional – Singapore Productivity Centre / Japan Productivity Centre. Member – Institute of Management Consultants, Singapore. Certified Service Design Thinking Facilitator – DesignThinkers Academy, Netherlands. Certified Virtual Presenter – eSpeakers
Thomas is an experienced workforce development specialist with more than 18 years of experience in human capital development and continuing education and training (CET) sector. He started his own specialist consulting firm with like-minded partners in June 2014, and currently serves as the Principal TVET and HRD Consultant at CET Global Pte Ltd that provides enabling solutions in areas of competency-based human resources development and productivity improvements, developing and establishing HRM and HRD systems.
Thomas was the Project Director for various enterprise HRD projects as a Registered Management Consultant and Productivity Consultant. He helped enterprises improve their business processes, plan for organisation development and value creation through customer-centric focus. He adopts the “Design Thinking” methodology in analysing, developing and implementing HRM and HRD systems and process. With the introduction of Skills Frameworks in Singapore, he helped a number of companies adopt Skills Frameworks in their HRM system and practices, such as developing talent and people capability through a systematic approach of skills identification, talent development, learning and development, and performance management.
As an Adult Educator, Thomas enjoys sharing of knowledge and skills learners, peers and industry practitioners. He is currently an Associate Faculty Lecturer with the Singapore University of Social Sciences and Singapore Human Resources Institute Academy teaching HRD topics at the postgraduate level, and an Associate Adult Educator with the Institute for Adult Learning training industry practitioners to be curriculum developers and facilitators via the WSQ Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education. He is an Adult Educator Mentor with the Institute for Adult Learning, where he coaches and mentors aspiring new adult educators to reach their full potential. Thomas also conducts corporate and public workshops on A.I. and Data Science in Human Capital Development, Leadership, People Development, Critical Thinking, Productivity and Value Creation, and speaks at conferences worldwide.
|4th Intake||18 September 2020, Friday|
Time: 10am to 6pm (Registration commences at 9:30am)
$428.00 (Inclusive of GST)
* Funding subject to approval
For more information on UTAP funding Contact Ms Lynn: +6564380012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All course registrations are subject to our terms and conditions, please click here to view. Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRI Academy reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.
- Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP) Funding
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $200 each year when you sign up for the 1-day Short Course.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $200 per year. Trainee must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. Trainee must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed assessment. Other terms and conditions apply.
- For more information, please click click here.
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Lynn Koo | Tel: 64380012
email email@example.com or: firstname.lastname@example.org