Payroll Administration is not just entering data into your company’s HR System. This workshop is designed to provide higher level insights to the local legislative laws surrounding the practice and administration of a compensation (salary and benefits) system in an organization. Participants will be given a tour of a typical computerized payroll system to enable them apply the correct techniques in handling day-to-day payroll administration and issues. Participants will also develop an understanding of compensation components and the latest trends affecting payroll administration.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- To understand the mechanics of an organisation’s compensation components
- The critical issues to watch out for in the Employment Act
- The latest trends affecting payroll administration
- To create awareness of statutory laws (eg. Employment Act, CPF Act, SDF Act, Income Tax Act, and others)
- To appreciate the overview of the components in a computerized payroll system and apply the correct techniques in handling day-to-day payroll administration and issues
- A high level introduction to compensation system
- Components of salary and benefits compensation
- Compensation fit to the organisation
- Latest trends in the local compensation scene
- Understanding how to derive Pay Policies
- The essentials of the Employment Act:
– Part I, II, IV: Coverage, Staff Leaves and Work Hours
– Part III: Payment of Salaries
– Part IX & Part X: Maternity Leaves, Paternity Leave, Shared-parental Leave, Medical Leaves, etc.
– Part VIA: Part-time Employees
- The Central Provident Fund Act
- Income Tax
- Retirement and Re-employment Act; National Service Act; Reservist and Make-Up Pay
Payroll Information System
- Introduction to the Payroll software
- Common features in software
- Evaluation and selection criteria
- Parameters set-up considerations and security levels
- Generating reports and audit trails
- Interfacing with HRIS, time clock, accounting system, banks, CPF, IRAS, and others
- System back-up and vendor support
Who Should Attend
HR Managers, Non-HR Managers, Compensation Managers, Accounts personnel, and any personnel who is involved or is required to know about the payroll administration and details of how an effective payroll system should work in an organization.
Lecture, activities, group discussions and case studies
Profile of Trainer
Daniel has more than 1,500 public and corporate in-house training hours to his credit. He was the first few to work with WDA’s consultants to develop the Logistics Modules in the then inaugural WSQ framework in 2007.
Daniel is also very strong in course development. He was also awarded the “Service to Education Award (Silver)” by MOE in Aug 2012.
The highlight of an excellent career is when Daniel released his first book in Logistics entitled, “Land Transport: A Practitioner’s Guide” published by Singapore Press Holdings (SPH)
Note: SkillsFuture Funding currently available
|Commence Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|27-28 Jun 2018||2 Days||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
|16-17 Oct 2018||2 Days||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.