As the nature of a HR function is to handle personal data on a daily basis. Their biggest challenge is to ensure employees comply with its personal data protection policies to fulfil their functions and operations.
Organisations need to be ready and prepare to fulfil all obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). Any breach of the PDPA provisions is subject to both criminal and civil action taken against them.
At the end of this workshop, participants would have acquired knowledge on:
- Introduction to Information Security Management and how PDPA is a part of it
- Implication of PDPA and the HR function
- Roles and responsibilities of Data Protection Officers
- Identify gaps and review HR practices to ensure compliance to PDPA obligations
- Advocating awareness for personal data protection in your organisation
The workshop encompasses of:
- PDPA’s 9 obligations and DNC registry
- PDPC’s directions and movements
- Reviewing case studies from Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC)
- Mapping out the Data Inventory Map
- Maintaining and sustaining personal data compliance
- Methods on spreading awareness on PDPA
- Developing an awareness campaign
- Developing a data breach escalation process
- Information Security management in the office environment
Who Will Benefit
HR Managers, Administrators, Executives, Data Protection Officers and those who handle personal data on a daily basis.
Profile of Trainer
Ameera Adnan is a Trainer and Consultant specialized in trainings on Information Security, PDPA and Hiyari-Hatto. With her involvement of 5 years in the training industry, she has facilitated trainings on to those which focuses on bridging the gap between the staff and the management.
Her interactive facilitation methods has proven its success for both SME and large companies. She believes the effectiveness of ‘edutainment’ in her trainings and thus highly encouraging active participation from her attendees. She has worked with a diverse range of industries, which includes financial institutions, retail, tourism, manufacturing, accounting, insurance and recruitment. Ameera is also certified in Information Security Management by Nihon Purple.
Note: SkillsFuture + UTAP Fundings available
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|05 Oct 2018||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.