– A Must-Know for New Entrants into HR
As more PMET (Professional, Managers, Executives and Technicians) switching to HR career, it is essential for them to develop basic understand of the Singapore’s Employment Act (EA) as well as some level of understanding of the common employment laws.
At the same time, newly-promoted team leaders, supervisors and even line managers should be well versed with the employment laws in order to protect the organisations from non-compliance risks.
Employing an inquiry-based approach, this 8-hour workshop provides a reasonable depth of comprehension for participants, equipping them with sufficient knowledge and skills in handling relevant employment issues.
- Interpret Employment Act (EA) and its clauses
- Handle termination and dismissal based on legal requirements
- Calculate salaries and overtime pay
- Communicate clearly employees’ statutory benefits
- Evaluate KET (Key-Employment Terms) based employment contract
- Prepare for upcoming changes in 2017’s Employment Act
- Appreciate cross-referencing of EA to other relevant Employment Laws and TAFEP (Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices) guidelines
- Essential structures of Employment Act
- Dismissal and the process of ‘Due Inquiry’
- Contract of Services and its Coverage and Protection
- Contract for Services
- Basic Salary, Gross Salary and Overtime Pay
- Mandatory benefits (including Maternity, Paternity and Childcare Leave)
- KET (Key Employment Terms)
- Retirement Benefits and Retrenchment Benefits
- Medical Benefits and Work Injury Compensation Act
- Fair Employment Practices
Who Should Attend
New entrants to the HR including Administrative Officer and Office Administrator directly or indirectly involved in the design and development of HR policies and procedures. In addition, newly-promoted Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers and Line Managers with people-management responsibilities should attend.
Profile of Trainer
Mr Henri Tan has more than 18 years of experience in people management and people development since he started his career with the National Productivity Board in 1994, now known as SPRING Singapore. Mr Henri Tan was previously the Regional Human Resources Manager for a global geotechnical firm managing the HR for the Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam operations. Prior to that, he was Senior Human Resources Manager for Rotary Engineering Limited, a local public-listed company in the Oil and Gas industry for 11 years.
Mr Henri Tan is currently appointed as the Lead Auditor in conducting employment standards compliance audit. He has conducted several public runs of Employment Act workshop, and has also delivered over 30 runs of KET (Key Employment Terms) workshops since middle 2015 to help companies to comply with changes in Employment Act.
Besides, Mr Henri Tan is certified in Harrison Innerview, a recruitment profiling tool and a certified trainer under the Brian Tracy’s Programme. Mr Henri Tan is also a SHRM Senior Certified Professional and trained by CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) in the area of Human Resources.
Note: SkillsFuture Funding is available
|Commence Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|15 Mar 18||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
|30 May 18||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.