The Employment Act is the key legislation that governs employer-employee relationship in Singapore. It forms the basis for employees’ working terms and conditions; theirs and the organisation’s rights and obligations of employment.
It is essential for any HR practitioners and anyone who have to operate the Employment Act in the workplace to have an in-depth understanding of its interpretation and application. An up to date knowledge of the Employment Act will ensure that your organisation stays compliant to the changes in the Employment Act.
This workshop will provide you with an overview of the key sections of the Employment Act and equip you with the confidence needed to ensure that your company polices are fair, compliant and consistent with the required regulatory requirements.
After this two day workshop, participants should be able to:
- Interpret and apply the requirements of the Employment Act (EA)
- Understand employer’s and employee’s rights and obligations under the EA
- Identify the impending changes to the EA
The workshop content is made up of:
- Objectives & coverage
- Contracts of service and termination of contract
- Basic employment terms & conditions
- Part IV of the Act and its application
- Linkage to other relevant employment legislation e.g. Child Development Co-savings Act
- Calculations for monetary payments including rates of pay, overtime work and work on rest day and public holiday
- Calculations for non-monetary benefits e.g. annual leave entitlement etc
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, the workshop incorporates:
- Applicable industry best practices
- Case studies
- Sharing of experiences
- Interactive delivery of learning materials
- Practical exercises
Who should attend
HR practitioners, personnel managers, line managers with staff responsibilities and those who have to operate the Employment Act.
Profile of Trainer
Noel Khng has more than 20 years’ experience in the Human Resources field.
For 18 of the 20 years he worked for the Shell Group of Companies where he had taken on roles as a generalist as HR Manager for its Chemicals plant, as well as specialist roles in Recruitment, Staff Administration, Employee and Industrial Relations, HR Information Systems and Learning and Development.
Currently, Noel is an associate lecturer and consultant with a number of reputable institutions specialising in HR related programmes.
He has also successfully developed numerous Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) HR related courses for the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
Benefits of attending this course
- Awareness of the basic terms and conditions of employment as required for compliance with the Employment Act;
- Understanding of rights and obligations of both employers and employees under the Employment Act; and
- Awareness of how payments for overtime work and work on rest day and public holiday
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
- What are the provisions of the Employment Act?
- Which category of my employees are covered by the Employment Act?
- What are my rights and obligations under the Act?
- What are my employees’ rights and obligations under the Act?
- What are the mandatory payments and benefits?
- How are these mandatory payments and benefits derived?
- What are the impending changes to the Act?
Note: SkillsFuture Funding is available
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|02-03 Apr 18||2 Days||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
|21-22 Jun 18||2 Days||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.