Ask anyone who has a line authority about the greatest challenge in his/her job and he/she will immediately point out PEOPLE. You then ask, what are the PEOPLE challenges that confront them and they labour over issues on retention of people, handling underperformance, communicating company policies relating to compensation, career development and opportunities. Some would argue that these challenges are that of the Human Resource function that have truncated to the line and operating Managers. It is true that the Human Resource function is responsible for the development and delivery of HR strategies and programs to achieve the organizational objectives. However, the application of these HR programs, be it policies or programs is the responsibility of the functional and line Managers/professionals. An inappropriate or wrong application of a policy or program will fester to an insurmountable problem.
The workshop is designed to orientate non-Human Resource professionals/managers on the intricacies of the Human Resource function and address common Human Resource challenges through equipping the participants with the know-how on HR techniques and applications. This would translate to greater efficiency in the resolution of HR issues.
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Myths about Human Resource Management
- The Human Resource model
- Applying the various aspects of the Human Resource function
- Expectations of the Human Resource Professional
- Understanding and Applying the Employment Act
- Challenges in attracting and retaining “talent”
- Motivational theories and its application in Human Resource Management
- The collaborative roles of Human Resource and the Line Manager in attracting and retaining talent through –
– Channel Management & Employer Branding
– Compensation Management
– Training & Development
- Performance Management – the link between organization and individual effectiveness
- Coaching philosophy & techniques and the Manager’s role developmental and corrective coaching
- Walking the walk and Talking the talk with Human Resource Management professional
Lectures, group discussions, role-plays and case studies.
Who Should Attend
This workshop would greatly benefit professionals and managerial employees who have a direct line authority over others.
Note: SkillsFuture Funding is available
|Commence Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|13 Sep 2017||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.