Today organisations face continued challenges in retaining staff, with much of the Generation Y and Z or millennial workforce being significantly more willing to be mobile than the other generations. In addition, the challenging operating environment for businesses has resulted in employers losing staff to competitors.
Hence, it has become imperative that organisations are able to ascertain the reasons for staff movement. As part of their strategic planning, employers must retain their top talent by cultivating change within their organisation and develop sustainable action plans for this purpose.
To better manage employee turnover, organizations can adopt a 3-step program:
1) Collect and analyse data on turnover patterns
2) Identify factors contributing to turnover by conducting formal exit interviews
3) Implement remedial actions to address the main causes of turnover
Through this program, participants will gain the necessary skills and knowledge in documenting the causes of turnover and for influencing management action. The exit interview must be conducted with a standardised procedure that assures the confidentiality of employee, handled by trained staff, involves periodic assessment of effectiveness, and provide for routine feedback to management.
- A strategic understanding of the role of exit interviews and how they can leverage on this to improve the organization’s performance
- The skills to conduct an effective face to face exit interview with right tools and techniques
- Ability to identify the guidelines for gathering and/or probing for specific information during exit interviews
- Ability to identify guidelines for handling and calming upset employees so that they will share the true reasons for leaving
- The basic principles for designing an action plan for implementation and post-interview process to collate and present data to management on causes of turnover.
- Understand the concept and rationale of an exit interview
- Identify the stakeholders and their interests
- Analyse the exit interview process and the roles of key players
- Review the step by step approach to conduct an effective exit interview
- Learn how to develop Exit Interview Questions
- Design the process (Pre, During and Post) of an exit interview
- Develop an action plan based on results of the exit Interview
Who Will Benefit
HR personnels and those who are responsible for conducting exit interviews.
Note: SkillsFuture Funding available
|29 Aug 17||1 Day||S$380.00||Registration|
|1 Nov 17||1 Day||S$380.00||Registration|
All prices listed here are subject to the prevailing GST charges. All information on this page are correct at the time of its publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.
- 10% off for members