Managers who coach can help their organisation do a better job in meeting important business goals. When they coach effectively, they release aspirations, build capabilities and generate a strong sense of personal satisfaction. Coaching unlocks latent potential and reinforces strong skills where they already exist.
Mentoring on the other hand can be a strategic and business enabler among a company’s professional development resources. A formal mentoring programs support new initiatives, impact culture and can be one of the most effective ways to develop new talent and build your leadership pipeline.
This workshop is intended to align to the learning styles and strengths of the appointed coach / mentor as well as provide the participant with a comprehensive skill set to be effective in developing future leaders.
- Develop the understanding of line managers on the broad concepts of coaching at the workplace.
- Compare and contrast coaching to other development interventions.
- Determine the role of coach and coachee in developing an effective relationship in coaching.
- Be introduced to leading practices and techniques in applying effective coaching.
- Apply both constructive and positive feedback processes.
- Explore how to develop a coaching culture and implement it across the organization.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a Mentor and Mentee.
- Adapt and align to the social styles of the mentee.
- Apply influencing strategies during the engagement process.
- Plan a mentoring programme.
Coaching For High Performance
- The importance of coaching to the business and organization
- Coaching and other learning & development techniques
- Different types and styles of coaching at the workplace
- The role of the coach and coachee
- Feedback the breakfast of champions
- Coaching ground rules
- COACH and GROW models
Mentoring For Results
- Role of the Mentor
- Differentiate between coaching and mentoring
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of a mentor
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of a mentee
- Recognize the benefits of the mentoring program
- Guide mentee to play to their strengths
- Provide supportive feedback
- Closing the Relationship
- Evaluate the success of the mentoring engagement
Who Will Benefit
HR Leaders and line managers who want coaching & mentoring to be an essential part of the talent and high performance management culture in their organisation.
2 days, 14 hours
Note: SkillsFuture Funding currently available
|17 – 18 Aug 17||2 Days (14 hours)
(9am – 5pm)
|4 – 5 Dec 17||2 Days (14 hours)
(9am – 5pm)
All prices listed here are subject to the prevailing GST charges. All information on this page are correct at the time of its publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.
- 10% off for members