Emotions have been unwelcomed in our workplace as we tend to leave emotions away from work and leverage on our reasoning and logic. To be effective individuals, subject matter experts, managers and leaders, we will focus on our intellectual quotient and competencies in terms of strategic thinking, leadership, management, problem solving and technical expertise.
“We are being judged by a new yardstick; not just how smart we are, or by our training and expertise, but also how well we handle ourselves and each other” as quoted by Daniel Goldman, author, psychologist, and science journalist on “Emotional Intelligence”. Increasingly, we witness a lot of “High IQ but low EQ” employees; they are highly talented and intelligent. However, they fail to fulfil
their potential not due to technical inability but emotional inability.
According to The Future of Jobs Report by The World Economic Forum, one of the 10 skills to thrive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution is Emotional Intelligence. Emotions are now a cornerstone of whom we are and when we working with others in the team. As “no man is an island”; we need to acquire emotional intelligence to achieve greater collaboration, higher level of influence with others and being more productive and effective.
At the end of the program, participants will:
- Understand Emotional Intelligence and why it is important to personal and professional success
- Recognise five competencies to work on to increase one’s level of emotional intelligence
- Tune in to your emotions for better decision making
- Show care and build trust through empathy and concern
- Use energy and enthusiasm to motivate others
- Better manage emotions of others in the team
Overview of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
- Discover The 5 competencies of Emotional Intelligence (An Emotional Intelligence profiling for each participant to ascertain their level of EI)
- Achieve your Private Victory through Self-awareness, Self-Regulation and Self-motivation
- Achieve your Public Victory through Empathy and Effective Relationship
Intrapersonal -Private Victory
- Through individual EI profiling results, participants will understand about different behavioural personalities and the impact on our perceptions and emotions
- Understand our emotional brain and logic brain
- Learn to tune in to our emotions and manage emotions in stressful situations and with challenging people
- Identify your hot buttons and emotional triggers
- Regulate and manage negative feelings through self-control
- Practice adaptability and self-coaching to manage emotions facing challenging people and stressful situations
- Reframe negative situations by focusing on the behaviour and not the person
- Direct your emotions towards a motivating and inspiring purpose and end in mind
- Leverage on your emotions for performance excellence and unleash your potential
- Be in the “flow” mentality by practicing present moment and mindfulness
Interpersonal- Public Victory
- Learn to tune out others’ feelings and responding with sensitivity and seeking first to understand
- Understand and enter into the other’s party world view (Link to Emotional Intelligence Profiling)
- Apply empathetic listening, verbal and non-verbal communication
- Interact with people successfully through influence and persuasion
- Manage emotions of others
- Build consensus and support for team goals
- Motivate and inspire yourself and others to achieve those goals
Who Will Benefit
Leaders and Managers
Profile of Trainer
Jasmine Liew has 16 years of Human Resource experience in Civil Service, MNCs and GLCs, specialising in Human Resource Development, Organisation Development, Change Management, Leadership-Management Training, Process Facilitation, Performance and Career Coaching.
Her span of experience ranges from the Civil Service- Singapore Land Authority, International Enterprise Singapore, National Healthcare Group, MNCs-Panasonic and Dairy Farm South Asia and the Private Sector- Certis CISCO and PSA. She was the former Head of Organization Development for PSA and also, oversee the Learning and Development departments of organisations that she worked with, previously.
Jasmine is currently an Organisation Learning & Development Consultant that specializes in change management, employee engagement, appreciation at work, high performing team, performance and career coaching, emotional intelligence and process facilitation. She is the Asia Global Premiere Partner of The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace Program.
Jasmine has received The Training Leader of the Year Award 2017, Asia’s Training & Development Excellence Award. The award was given in due recognition for her high quality of training & development solutions that meet the organisation’s needs and contribute to the success of the organisation through employees’ performance. More than 3,000 regional participants, including C-Suite and Department Heads have attended the training programs conducted by Jasmine for the past 9 years. Beyond Singapore, Jasmine has conducted training in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, and India.
She had written several HR and People Management articles for The Straits Times Recruit, SIM Today’s Manager Magazine and HR blog post on Employee Engagement, Change Management and Coaching.
Jasmine holds a Masters in Education & HRD at the George Washington University USA and a Bachelor of Arts from The National University of Singapore.
The program will have a variety of experiential, reflective and visualisation activities including an Emotional Intelligence Profiling, crafting a development plan and list of follow-up actions.
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|14 Dec 17||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.