An employee contract is a collation of an organisation’s Human Resource policies, procedures, terms of conditions of employment, working conditions, and code of conduct that guide employees’ behaviour in the organisation.
The objectives of an employee contract include providing:
- employees with a working guide to the understanding of the day-to-day administration of human resource policies and practices
- a general summary description of the company’s HR policies
- information on employee benefits, and expected code of conduct.
The handbook also ensures that all HR policies and practices conform to legal requirements.
After this one day workshop, participants should be able to:
- Explain the purpose and value of having an Employee Contract
- Identify the essential contents that the handbook should contain
- Filter down to the contents that are relevant to their organisation
- Comply with the relevant legislation that govern HR policies and practices
- Avoid common mistakes when drafting their contract
The workshop content is made up of:
- Employee contract – Introduction and Objectives
- Legal Requirements and Implications
- Selection of Contents
- A Practical Draft
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, the workshop incorporates:
- Applicable industry best practices
- Case studies and videos
- Sharing of experiences
- Interactive delivery of learning materials
- Practical exercises
Who Should Attend
HR Managers, Employee Relations Managers and HR Executives, particularly those from SMEs.
Benefits of Attending This Course
The relevance and benefits of having a comprehensive and coherent employee contract;
- Selection of the appropriate and relevant contents; and
- Awareness and observance of the legal requirements, guidelines and best practices to incorporate in drafting the contract.
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
- What is the purpose of having an employee contract?
- What are the contents that should be included in the contract?
- What are the legal requirements to comply with?
- What are the norms, guidelines and best practices to observe and follow?
- What are some pitfalls look out for when drafting the contract?
Note: SkillsFuture Funding is currently unavailable
|6 Oct 17||1 Day (7 hours)
(9am – 5pm)
All prices listed here are subject to the prevailing GST charges. All information on this page are correct at the time of its publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary
- 10% off for members