An employee contract is the foundation of the relationship between an employer and an employee. Also known as Employment Agreement, Appointment Letter, Offer Letter, etc. it is an agreement between an employee and employer that specifies the terms and conditions of employment. The employment contract is a legal document that must comply with the relevant legislation in Singapore primarily the Employment Act.
An employee contract will clear terms and conditions will help clarify expectations and give both parties a sense of security in the employment relationship. The objectives of an employee contract include providing:
- terms and conditions that govern the employment relationship
- terms and benefits of employment
- duties and obligations of both parties
- code and conduct and expected behaviours
After this one day workshop, participants should be able to:
- Explain the purpose and value of having an employment contract
- Identify the essential clauses that the contract must specify
- Identify the other essential employment related policies to be included
- Comply with all relevant legislation that govern an employment contract
- Apply the appropriate processes required to commence and terminate a contract
The workshop content is made up of:
- Employee Contract – Introduction and Objectives
- Employee Contract Contents
- Reviewing & drafting an employee contract
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, the workshop incorporates:
- Applicable industry best practices
- Case studies and videos
- Sharing of experiences
- Interactive delivery of learning materials
- Practical exercises
Who Will Benefit
HR Managers, Employee Relations Managers and HR Executives, particularly those from SMEs.
Benefits of Attending This Course
- The relevance and purpose of having a comprehensive and coherent employee contract;
- Selection of the legally required, appropriate and relevant contents; and
- Awareness and observance of the legal requirements, guidelines and best practices to incorporate in drafting the contract.
What questions this training programme provides answers to:
- What is the purpose of having an employee contract?
- What are the clauses that should be included in the contract?
- What are the legal requirements to comply with?
- What are the norms, guidelines and best practices to observe and follow?
- What are some pitfalls look out for when drafting the contract?
Profile of Trainer
Noel Khng has more than 20 years’ experience in the Human Resources field.
For 18 of the 20 years he worked for the Shell Group of Companies where he had taken on roles as a generalist as HR Manager for its Chemicals plant, as well as specialist roles in Recruitment, Staff Administration, Employee and Industrial Relations, HR Information Systems and Learning and Development.
Currently, Noel is an associate lecturer and consultant with a number of reputable institutions specialising in HR related programmes.
He has also successfully developed numerous Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) HR related courses for the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
1 day, 7 hours
A highly interactive course based on lecture, activities, videos and discussion.
Note: SkillsFuture + UTAP Fundings available
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.