In this current challenging business environment, employing the right individual for the organization is crucial. Hiring the wrong individual not only have an impact on the cost of operation but also on the morale, productivity, and efficiency of the organisation.
A critical step in the employee selection is the interviewing and selection process. The competency-based Interview and selection technique focuses on the applicant past actions or behaviour in relation to the competencies or skills required for the job applied. Through this technique, hiring is more structured and focus rather than based on guess-work, potential bias or discrimination.
- Understand traditional interview techniques issues
- List the difference between traditional and competency-based interview technique
- Develop questions for competency-based interview
- Conduct a competency-based interview
- Apply the selection technique after the interview
- The different techniques in the interviewing approach
- The success rate of a right hire
- The various assessment approaches and tools used
- Consequences of a wrong hire
- Why interviewing is vital for an organisation
- Why important for you as the hiring supervisor/manager
- Impact of the cost of a wrong hire on an organisation
- Traditional vs Competency-based Interview
- Problems with traditional interviewing techniques
- Types of questioning techniques
- Key factors of competency-based interviewing
- The fair and unbiased interviewing and selection approach
- Developing Questions for Competency-Based Interviewing
- Developing question based on job competency needs
- Questioning approach
- Evaluating response
- What not to ask – Fair employment practice
- Interviewing Process
- What is required before, during and after the interview
- Selection technique based on competencies
- Practice – Interviewing Role Play
Lecture, activities, and discussion
Who Will Benefit
Managers, Executives & new HR Executives who have to develop the skills to ensure a professional approach to recruit and select the right candidates for the job.
Profile of Trainer
Beng Teck has more than 25 years’ experience working in the multinational company as well as in SME. Actively involved in Human Resource Development and had wide varieties of experience in different positions from Account Management, Operation Manager to Acting Director of Learning and Development Asia Pacific in a multinational corporation.
He brings with him a wealth of experience working with people from all levels of the organization and different business functions in companies across Asia Pacific. He is experienced in developing and managing Talent Management program, and was involved in developing and implementing interventions for organisational performance. Beng Teck travelled extensively in Asia Pacific, leading in the development of learning curriculum for roles based on competency and skills assessment.
He had conducted training, as well as facilitated training workshops in Singapore and various other Asia Pacific countries, focusing in areas of performance management, project management, consulting, leadership and management, teamwork and other soft skills. He is highly energetic, and has a strong passion for developing people, thus quickly engaging his participants.
2 days, 14 hours
A highly interactive course based on lecture, activities, videos and discussion.
Note: SkillsFuture + UTAP Fundings available
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|20-21 Feb 18||2 Days||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
|10-11 Apr 18||2 Days||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
|05-06 Jun 18||2 Days||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.