“Everybody has accepted by now that change is unavoidable. However, it is still implied that it should be postponed as long as possible and no change would be vastly preferable. But in a period of upheaval, such as the one we are living in, change is the norm.”
The value of HR professionals needs to increase and amongst the various professional competencies that are mission critical, Championing Change becomes the differentiator for business success. Expected by business leaders, HR professionals needs to facilitate institutional, initiative and individual change efforts to drive business success. Often, the intrinsic value that HR professionals brings to the business is transformation towards an agile, flexible and responsive business for tomorrow’s landscape.
This workshop is designed to help HR professionals initiate and sustain change efforts that is needed by businesses to stand out significantly from competition. Driving their value proposition upwards with the businesses will be fundamental for continued trust for HR professionals to be at the forefront with the business.
- Understand the different types of change programs
- Prepare groups to be change ready
- Apply systemic approach for creating and implementing change
- Recognize the importance of communicating throughout all phases of a change effort
- Understand and address people’s reactions to change
- Leadership insights into different type of organizational changes
- Characteristics of effective change champions
- Identify effective change leadership, employees’ personal motivation and accustoming to working collaboratively in change efforts
- Kotter’s 8 steps process to leading change
- Execute the process for championing change
- Developing a comprehensive change communication plan
- Addressing resistance and anticipating change
Who Will Benefit
Senior HR leaders and proficient HR professionals who needs to develop a critical skillset in Championing Change
Profile of Trainer
Tan Jian Hong has more than 17 years of experience in Human Resource Management and Development Functions. His human resource roles spans from Government Ministry to Global Multinational Organizations. In his current role of the Managing Partner, he is building a startup focusing on HR Tech to deliver HR process automation for businesses.
Multiple years as a HR professional, Jian Hong is expert in diagnosing end-to-end business challenges to deliver holistic portfolio of solutions that leverages on the business dynamics and psychological influences. Acting as a strategic positioner to exercise his knowledge and skills to translate external HR business trends into internal organizational actions. Building relationships with the business leaders as credible activist to place and build a trusting partnership in his capacity of a HR Business Partner. Building capabilities within the business to shape culture, process and identity within the business functions and to leverage on personal capabilities as a change champion. A strong HR innovator and integrator that leverages on technology to shape the HR experience and efficiency for the business.
Jian Hong is an experienced facilitator with past achievements around curriculum design and delivery. He has continually been training and he has the following trainer credentials:
- Qualified and Accredited Administrator of the MBTI® Suite of Instruments (Step I & II) & teambuilding facilitator
- Certified Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner.
- Certified Personnel Decisions International (PDI) Ninth House Non-Executive PROFILOR® 360° Feedback Coach
- Certified Achieve Global (AG) Genuine Leadership Trainer
He holds a Masters Degree in Human Capital Management from Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) in Singapore, School of Human Development & Social Services, a Bachelor Degree in Psychology from Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)in Singapore, School of Arts and Social Sciences.
He also has a WSQ Diploma in Adult & Continuing Education (DACE) from Institute for Adult Learning, a WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA) and is a WSQ Certified HR Professional (Talent Management). He is also a certified Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Industry Trainer.
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|16-17 Oct 17||2 Day||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.