Given the recent changes in the Foreign Manpower Act (FMA), it has become crucial for employers in Singapore to manage and balance the requirements relating to local and foreign employees. Equally important, employers must equip themselves with an understanding of the new offences and penalties that have been included under the FMA.
From simple procedures such as work permit applications to substantive issues such as grievance handling, employers have to be vigilant in the deployment and management of foreign employees. If handled improperly, it will cause serious disruption to the company’s operations and risk sanctions from the Ministry of Manpower.
Hence, this workshop seeks to equip companies, especially their HR practitioners, with practical knowledge and skills to manage foreign employee-related issues in an appropriate and expedient manner.
- Understand the rationale of Singapore’s foreign manpower policy
- Learn about the procedures and substantive requirements under the FMA
- Interpret the obligations of stakeholders such as employers, agencies and foreign employees
- Recognize the links of the FMA with other legal frameworks such as the Immigration Act and the Employment Act
- Overview of the FMA
- Types of Work Passes
- Duties of Employer and Occupier
- Conditions governing Work Passes
- Furnishing and Forfeiture of Security
- Offences and Prescribed Infringements
- Terms and Conditions of Employment under Work Passes
- Disciplinary, Grievance and Dismissal
Who Will Benefit
HR practitioners, supervisors, line-managers and executives who need to have a better understanding of the Foreign Manpower Act and its practical applications.
A highly interactive course based on lecture, activities, videos and discussion.
Note: SkillsFuture + UTAP Fundings available
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|Nov 17 (TBC)||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.