The Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA) came into effect on 1 April 2008. Despite the passing of years, it remains a significant piece of legislation, for both the employer and the employee.
WICA safeguards the interests of injured employees and aims to deter non payment (or delayed payment) of compensation by irresponsible employers. At the same time, it seeks to protect employers against fraudulent claims by errant employees.
This workshop seeks to provide insights into WICA, both from a legal and HR perspective so that employer-employee compensation issues can be managed in a holistic manner.
- Understand the rationale and usefulness of WICA
- Identify the categories of persons and types of compensation covered by WICA
- Learn how to calculate compensation benefits under WICA
- Understand the procedures for accident reporting and claims under WICA
- Overview of WICA
- Persons who Can Claim Compensation under WICA
- Compensation Benefits and Maximum Amount of Claims under WICA
- Accident Reporting Requirements under WICA
- Process for Filing a Claim under WICA
- Disputes over the Compensation
- Penalties for Delayed or Non-Payment by Employer
- Function of Work Injury Compensation Medical Board
Who Will Benefit
Business owners, managers and HR practitioners and those working in the HR arena who need to understand the importance of Work Compensation, and its legal significance.
A highly interactive course based on lecture, activities, videos and discussion.
Note: SkillsFuture Funding available
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|16 Nov 17||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
|05 Feb 18||1 Day||S$300.00||S$380.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.