In today’s context, being an employer of choice does not just mean providing employees with a good and equitable remuneration package with reasonable terms and benefits. It is also about treating all employees fairly and equitably without any discrimination and prejudices.
Fair employment practices is about adopting HR practices that treat employees on the basis of merit and performance at work, such as knowledge, skills and competences, experience or ability to perform the job. This means factors such as age, race, gender, religion, family status or disability should not be bases for employment related decisions and actions.
Aside from being the right thing to do, fair employment practices will avail an organization to a wider talent pool, enjoy increased productivity and employee satisfaction and retention, thereby enhancing its competitive advantage.
- Describe the principles and objectives of Fair Employment Practices (FEP)
- Highlight the types of potential breaches of FEP
- Illustrate best practices of FEP in the various HR functions
- Explain the grievance handling process for employees to channel their grievances against unfair treatment, harassment etc.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders in ensuring and sustaining FEP
- Describe the concepts of the “Fair Consideration Framework”
- Principles, objectives and benefits of FEP
- Breaches of FEP
- Best practices of FEP in– Recruitment & selection– Performance management
– Promotions & discipline
– Rewards and compensation & benefits
– Learning & development
– Flexible work arrangement
- Legislation connected to FEP
- Diversity & inclusiveness
- Fair consideration framework
- Harassment & grievance handling
Who Will Benefit
HR professionals, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers and Line Managers with people-management responsibilities should attend.
A highly interactive course based on lecture, activities, videos and discussion.
Note: SkillsFuture Funding available
|10 Jul 17||1 Day||S$380.00||Registration|
|13 Nov 17||1 Day||S$380.00||Registration|
All prices listed here are subject to the prevailing GST charges. All information on this page are correct at the time of its publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.
- 10% off for members