Effective career management reflects the future skills and capability requirements of the employer and the desire of the individual employee for career opportunity.
Most individuals rely heavily on informal career advice and either do not recognise or do not effectively access support provided by their employers.
Recent UK report, Employee Outlook: focus on skills and careers, revealed that a third of UK employees are disappointed with their career progression, with poor quality careers advice and poor line management at work to blame. Employees who are satisfied in their jobs and have access to career opportunities through Career Management & Progression support are more likely to be engaged.
Responsibility for career management rests largely in a partnership between the individual and their line manager, although line managers typically receive little training to deliver effective career support.
HR Managers, Line and People Managers who are armed with effective career management skill will help drives employee engagement, whereas, poor career management usually breeds dissatisfaction.
The 2 Days workshop will equip participants with the requisite knowledge, skills, career management tools and techniques to effectively help employees in their career progression towards achieving higher employee satisfaction and productivity levels.
- Overview and perspective of Career Management & Progression.
- Career Management : Meeting organization and employee needs.
- How to uncover employee’s Values, Interests, Skills, Traits and Career Interest.
- Facilitate an effective career discussion with employees.
- Adopt the principles of sound career coaching approach.
- Provide career coaching and candid performance feedback to employees.
- Develop the roadmap of an employee Career Plan through a career plan template.
- Career management and progression as a means of retaining and developing key employees.
- What is Career Management & Progression for employees in an organisation
- Use of relevant psychometric tools to uncover the employee’s career interest
- Adopt the use of SOLER, KLTH, GROW career coaching models in facilitating a career discussion. Asking the right questions !
- Role Play Practice – Facilitating a career coaching and discussion session with employee
- Case Study – Developing a career plan that produces results for the individual and the business
- How to use use career develoment programs to support employee retention
Who Will Benefit
People Managers, HR Managers & HR Executives including Supervisors who have to develop their people engagement skills and knowledge in providing effective career management and progression support to their employees.
Profile of Trainer
Lim Cheng Tiong is a USA Certified Career Development Facilitator Coach (GCDF), an experienced Regional Human Resource Practitioner and a Trainer/Facilitator who specializes in process facilitation and behavioural-based training.
A well-rounded and good-humoured person who functions effectively at engaging all level of business leaders, cross-functional colleagues and employees. He is a resourceful and result-oriented professional with successful track record of over 20 years of experience in the full-spectrum Regional HR Management and Leadership working with various MNC and International global organisations.
As a Global Career Development Facilitator (USA) credential holder, he is trained to help employees, both individually and in a group setting, make informed decisions when considering their own career development. Through the use of best practices, various assessment tools, and career development models and equip each individual with the knowledge and skills to embark on their professional journey.
He possessed years of experience in providing Executive Coaching to line managers and Executives in enhancing career development and improving people and work management skills within the complexity of a dynamic global organization. He also provides ongoing career transition coaching to displaced employees to re-enter the workforce.
His passion in adult education and employees development started during his numerous corporate HR and Learning and Development roles, providing in-house stand-up trainings to both HR team and business leaders/employees. He currently conducts talks, lectures, HR and teambuilding workshops, HR consultancy to both local and overseas private and public organisations. He enjoys exchanging and sharing his academic knowledge and experiences from years of working in the Corporate HR world with his participants/students.
A highly interactive course based on lecture, activities, videos and discussion.
|Schedule Dates||Duration||SHRI Member||Non-Member|
|29-30 Nov 17||2 Day||S$500.00||S$600.00||Registration|
Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRICORP reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.