The Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Human Capital Management offers learners the opportunity to acquire sufficient breadth of knowledge, deeper insights and greater understanding of the interdisciplinary areas of managing human resources productively in an organisation and to understand the labour legislation and industrial relations in Singapore.
The programme endorses learners’ competencies in attainment of both academic and practical understanding of multi-dimensional HR techniques, motivation and skill for managing and developing people as value-added assets. The available specialisations are as follows:
- Business Partnering: The programme focuses on enhancing knowledge of key business drivers and analysis of important company data to help organisations make informed decisions with regards to business impacts.
- Reward Management: The programme focuses on enhancing knowledge on delivering strategic insights and equip learners on how to connect organisational excellence to people management by systematically designing and developing compensation structures to drive organisation’s performance.
- Organisational Development and Psychology: The programme focuses on enhancing knowledge in organisational strategies, policies, structure and culture with emphasis on leadership.
Who should attend:
HR Professionals, Executives, Managers aspiring to be HR Leaders of Tomorrow by enhancing employability, capabilities and market value. Working professionals who wish to consider a future HR career progression or intend to have a career switch to explore HR.
Module 1: Learning & Change Leadership
This module explores and evaluates the concepts and theories related to how individuals learn and acquire new knowledge and skills, as well as managing and leading change at the workplace. Throughout the different topics there will be discussions on the applications of these concepts and theories in common challenges related to people management and development.
Module 2: Human Resource Management
The module aims to provide the course participant an overview of the key deliverables of the Human Resources function. This module shall focus on the to enhance the participants’ skills and abilities to improve the overall credibility of the HR function by delivering programmes which are aligned with the business needs of their organisations while giving them substantial view of Manpower Legislation Laws of Singapore.
Module 3: HR Analytics & Insights
The module provides learners with knowledge and skills for human resource Analysis capability. Through a project / assignment, learners will develop and acquire the necessary skills and expertise to carry out fundamental HR Analytics. Module shall aid learners’ to understand identification and analysis of data availability in the entire Employment Lifecycle, identification of various types of HR related data / metrics and their effective interpretation and presentation, identification and development of HR Metrics and Analytics in various key stages of Employment Lifecycle.
The modules listed above may be conducted in a different sequence.
To help learners excel in the field of their interest, SHRI Academy offers the following specialisations.
**Learners need to indicate their decision on the choice of specialisation on the application form when applying for the programme.
** Business Partnering
- Specialised Module 4: Alignment of Business & HR Strategies
- Specialised Module 5: HR Consulting
** Reward Management
- Specialised Module 4: Compensation Structures for Organisational Effectiveness
- Specialised Module 5: Performance Based Reward Strategies & Practices
** Organisational Development and Psychology
- Specialised Module 4: Organisational Psychology & Workplace Intervention
- Specialised Module 5: Theory & Practice of Organisational Development
The modules listed above may be conducted in a different sequence. Module content / syllabus will be provided upon request.
Intensive Weekend Classes
- 6 months; 180 training hours
- Lessons are conducted on 2 Friday evenings (7pm – 10pm) and 2 weekends (full day; 9am – 5.30pm) per month/ module.
Candidates are assessed by individual assignment and/or group assignment with class presentation and written examination at the end of each module. Candidates must obtain a pass mark in both their individual assignment and/ or group assignment with class presentation and written examination to pass the module.
Graduation and Degree
The graduates will be issued a transcript and certificate for the programme, Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Human Capital Management upon successfully completing and passing 3 core modules and 2 specialised modules as stipulated in the programme structure. Graduates may use the title “PGDipSHCM” after their names once they have received the award.
Thereafter the completion, if the learner wishes to enrol for 2 more specialisation modules which make up one other type of specialisation, SHRI Academy will issue another transcript, with the same programme title, Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Human Capital Management, indicating the specialisations. There will NOT be another certificate issued.
To help graduates meet the needs of Singapore’s Employment market, SHRI Academy permits additional Specialisation to be taken ONLY by SHRI Postgraduate Diploma in HR graduates, who have successfully attained a full Certification – SHRI Postgraduate Diploma in HR. SHRI Academy will issue ONLY transcript, with the programme title, Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Human Capital Management, indicating the specialisation modules. There will NOT be another certificate issued and graduates are NOT permitted to use the title “PGDipSHCM” after their names.
- Exemptions will be granted to SHRI Postgraduate & Graduate Diploma graduates.
- Approval for exemption is on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the SHRI Academy Academic & Examination Board.
PGDipSHCM graduates holding Bachelor’s degree are encouraged to enroll for the Master of Science in Human Resources (Top-Up) programme, jointly offered by Edinburgh Napier University (UK) and SHRI Academy, subject to acceptance by the University.