The Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Human Capital Management offers learners to adapt and appreciate their role as strategic partners in the diverse business environment and industry by aiding them to acquire sufficient breadth of knowledge, deeper insights and greater understanding of the interdisciplinary areas of managing human resources productively in an organisation and to understand the labour legislation and industrial relations in Singapore. The programme endorses learners’ competence in attainment of both academic and practical understanding of multi-dimensional HR techniques, motivation and skill for managing and developing people as a value-added asset. The available specialisations are as follows:
- Business Partnering: The programme focuses on enhancing knowledge of key business drivers and analysis of important company data to help the organisations to take informed decision with regards to impact on business.
- Reward Management: The programme focuses on enhancing knowledge on delivering strategic insights.
- Organisational Development and Psychology: The programme focuses on enhancing knowledge in organisational strategies, policies, structure and culture with emphasis on leadership.
Who should attend:
HR Professionals, Executives, Managers aspiring to be HR Leaders of Tomorrow by enhancing employability, capabilities and market value. Working professionals who wish to consider a future HR career progression or intend to have a career switch to explore HR.
Module 1: Learning & Change Leadership
Module 2: Human Resource Management
Module 3: HR Analytics & Insights
The modules listed above may be conducted in a different sequence.
To help learners excel in the field of their interest, SHRI Academy offers the following specialisations.
**Learners need to indicate their decision on the choice of specialisation on the application form when applying for the programme.
** Business Partnering
- Specialised Module 4: Alignment of Business & HR Strategies
- Specialised Module 5: HR Consulting
** Reward Management
- Specialised Module 4: Compensation Structures for Organisational Effectiveness
- Specialised Module 5: Performance Based Reward Strategies & Practices
** Organisational Development and Psychology
- Specialised Module 4: Organisational Psychology & Workplace Intervention
- Specialised Module 5: Theory & Practice of Organisational Development
The modules listed above may be conducted in a different sequence. Module content / syllabus will be provided upon request.
Intensive Weekend Classes
- 6 months; 180 training hours
- Lessons are conducted on 2 Friday evenings (7pm – 10pm) and 2 weekends (full day; 9am – 5.30pm) per month/ module.
Candidates are assessed by individual assignment and/or group assignment with class presentation and written examination at the end of each module. Candidates must obtain a pass mark in both their individual assignment and/ or group assignment with class presentation and written examination to pass the module.
Graduation and Degree
The graduates will be issued a transcript and certificate for the programme, Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Human Capital Management upon successfully completing and passing 3 core modules and 2 specialised modules as stipulated in the programme structure. Graduates may use the title “PGDipSHCM” after their names once they have received the award.
Thereafter the completion, if the learner wishes to enrol for 2 more specialisation modules which make up one other type of specialisation, SHRI Academy will issue another transcript, with the same programme title, Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Human Capital Management, indicating the specialisations. There will NOT be another certificate issued.
To help graduates meet the needs of Singapore’s Employment market, SHRI Academy permits additional Specialisation to be taken ONLY by SHRI Postgraduate Diploma in HR graduates, who have successfully attained a full Certification – SHRI Postgraduate Diploma in HR. SHRI Academy will issue ONLY transcript, with the programme title, Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Human Capital Management, indicating the specialisation modules. There will NOT be another certificate issued and graduates are NOT permitted to use the title “PGDipSHCM” after their names.
- Exemptions will be granted to SHRI Postgraduate & Graduate Diploma graduates.
- Approval for exemption is on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the SHRI Academy Academic & Examination Board.