SHRI Academy’s PGDipTM programme will equip learners with processes and toolkits on how to connect organisational excellence to people management by systematically identifying, keeping, developing and promoting the organisation’s best people. Learning resources will include simple, efficient, easy-to-follow methods for assessing, planning and developing high-value people to meet your organisation’s current and future needs. It will help you combine your organisation’s diverse human resources activities into an integrated system.
The programme will benefit HR and non-HR practitioners including those with direct or related responsibilities for driving the talent agenda in their organisation.
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates shall be able to:
- Understand the potential of integrating your company’s infrastructure of HR assessment, planning and development tools.
- Explain how to align your company’s people with the current and future needs of the organisation by placing employees in positions that maximize their value.
- Identify and develop highly qualified backups for key positions which are critical to organisational continuity.
- Allocate resources to employees based on actual and/or potential contribution to organisational excellence.
- Explain how to build all your HR disciplines on the “building blocks” of organisational competencies, performance appraisal and forecast of employee/manager potential.
- Determine how to enhance employee performance through coaching, mentoring, constructive dialogue and feedback.
- Describe powerful reward systems that support different talent management strategies.
- Articulate how to create a talent management system to significantly improve your organisation’s return on its HR investment.
Module 1 – Human Resource Management (36 Hours)
This module gives an overview of the key functions of the human resource department including a segment dedicated to International Human Resource Management.
- Human Resource Management Functions
- Human Resource Strategies, Policies and Procedures
- Job and Competency Analysis
- Performance Management
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruitment and Selection
- International HRM
Module 2 – Human Resource Development (36 Hours)
This module provides learners with knowledge and skills for human resource development functions. Through a project/assignment, learners will develop and acquire the necessary skills and expertise. The module includes an overview of People Developer programme.
- The Training Process and Theories
- Approaches and Techniques to Training Needs Analysis
- Set Training Objectives and Design Training Programmes
- Planning and Resource Requirements
- Implementing and Monitoring Training Programme
- Evaluation of Training Effectiveness
- The People Developer Programme and Future Trends in HRD
Module 3 – Strategic and Change Management (36 Hours)
This module explores and evaluates the concepts and theories of “Strategic and Change Management” and develops learners’ cognitive processes integral to strategic management. Special emphasis is given to the approach of human resource functions towards total operations.
- Strategic Management Process: An Overview
- The 3 Strategy-making Tasks
- Industry and Competitive Analysis
- Company Situation Analysis
- Strategy and Competitive Advantage
- Matching Strategy to Company’s Situation
- Diversification Strategy and Analysis
- HR Dimension in Corporate Strategic Management
- Change Management
Module 4 – Talent Management” The Key to Organisational Sustainability (30 Hours)
This intellectually-rewarding module is based on applied research and contemporary practices. It has a strong applications-based format depicting the Processes, Practices, Tools and Activities for corporate planners, Human Resource Managers and Talent Management Executives who need to serve as Internal Consultants or Change Catalysts, tasked to provide a talent solution that will unleash the maximum potential of human creativity and productivity to meet the new business challenges their organisations are facing.
- The Basics of Talent Management
- Talent Management Processes and Activities
- External and Internal Drivers impacting on Talent Management
- Talent Management and Organisational sustainability
- Talent Alignment and Development
- Measuring and Monitoring Talent Management Effectiveness
- Rewarding and Recognising Talent
- Trends and Leading Practices in Talent Management
Module 5 – Effective Implementation of Talent Management (30 Hours)
This module will help learners to design talent retention programmes and activities that boost employee engagement and performance as well as create and sustain business excellence in your organisation.
- Overview of Talent Management Programmes
- Assessing Strengths and Weaknesses in Retention Strategies
- Employee Engagement and Retention
- Training and Developing your Talent Pool
- Manager’s Role in Developing Talent and Improving Retention
- Coaching & Mentoring Talent for Results
- Leadership Development and Succession Management
- Evaluate New Talent Programme and Measure the Return on Investment
The modules listed above may be conducted in a different sequence.
– 6 months; 168 training hours
– 5 modules
– Lessons are conducted on 2 Friday evenings (7.00pm – 10.00pm) and/or 2 weekends (full day; 9.00am – 5:30/6.00pm)
Candidates are assessed by assignments and written examinations at the end of each module except for Strategic & Change Management module whereby assessment is based on Group and Individual Assignments.
Postgraduate Diploma in HR and Talent Management will be awarded by SHRI Academy upon successful completion of the programme and graduates may use the title “PGDipTM” after their names.
- Exemptions will be granted to SHRI Postgraduate & Graduate Diploma graduates.
- Approval for exemption is on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Academic Advisory Board.
PGDipTM graduates holding bachelors degree are encouraged to enroll for the Master of Science in Human Resources (Top Up) programme, jointly offered by Edinburgh Napier University (UK) and SHRI Academy, subject to validation of the programme and acceptance by the University.