SHRI Academy’s PGDipRM programme will equip learners with knowledge on how to connect organisational excellence to people management by systematically developing, and rewarding the organisation’s people. Learning resources will include simple, efficient, easy-to-follow methods for assessing, planning, and developing high-value people to meet your organisation’s current and future needs.
The programme will benefit HR and non-HR practitioners including those with direct or related responsibilities for driving the Reward agenda in their organisation.
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates shall be able to:
- Understand the potential of integrating your company’s infrastructure of HR assessment, planning, and development tools.
- Explain how to align your company’s people with the current and future needs of the organisation by placing employees in positions that maximize their value.
- Allocate resources to employees based on actual and/or potential contribution to organisational excellence
- Describe powerful reward systems that support different talent management strategies.
- Articulate how to create a reward system to significantly improve your organisation’s Performance
– 6 months; 168 training hours
– 5 modules
– Lessons are conducted on 2 Friday evenings (7.00pm – 10.00pm) and/or 2 weekends (full day; 9.00am – 5:30/6.00pm)
Modules Under the Programme
|Module 1||Human Resource Management – (Core Module)||36 Hours|
|Module 2||Human Resource Development – (Core Module)||36 Hours|
|Module 3||Strategic & Change Management – (Core Module)||36 Hours|
|Module 4||Development of Compensation Structures for Organisational Effectiveness||30 Hours|
|Module 5||Management of Reward Strategy to Drive for Superior Performance||30 Hours|
Module 1 – Human Resource Management (36 Hours)
This module gives an overview of the key functions of the human resource department including a segment dedicated to International Human Resource Management.
- Human Resource Management Functions
- Human Resources Strategies, Policies and Procedures
- Job and Competency Analysis
- Performance Management
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruitment and Selection
- International HRM
Module 2 – Human Resource Development (36 Hours)
This module provides learners with knowledge and skills for human resource development functions. Through a project/assignment, learners will develop and acquire the necessary skills and expertise. The module includes an overview of People Developer programme.
- The Training Process and Theories
- Approaches and Techniques to Training Needs Analysis
- Set Training Objectives and Design Training Programmes
- Planning and Resource Requirements
- Implementing and Monitoring Training Programme
- Evaluation of Training Effectiveness
- The People Developer Programme and Future Trends in HRD
Module 3 – Strategic & Change Management (36 Hours)
This module explores and evaluates the concepts and theories of “Strategic and Change Management” and develops learners’ cognitive processes integral to strategic management. Special emphasis is given to the approach of human resource functions towards total operations.
- Strategic Management Process: An Overview
- The 3 Strategy-making Tasks
- Industry and Competitive Analysis
- Company Situation Analysis
- Strategy and Competitive Advantage
- Matching Strategy to Company’s Situation
- Diversification Strategy and Analysis
- HR Dimension in Corporate Strategic Management
- Change Management
Module 4 – Development of Compensation Structures for Organisational Effectiveness (30 hrs)
This module provides an in-depth understanding and appreciation of the need to be current and updated in developing compensation structures in the global market place against a backdrop of leading international reward management practices, with focus on design of compensation packages.
- Globalization and its impact on compensation
- Current business trends and models
- Influences on compensation structures
- Company’s pay philosophy
- Market trends
- Factors in compensation design
- Compensation elements
- Compensation challenges in a dynamic environment
Module 5 – Management of Reward Strategy to Drive for Superior Performance (30 hrs)
This module focuses on the importance of the role of a reward strategy in businesses to drive superior performance by examining the current and future trends against a backdrop of international practices.
- Total rewards in the global workplace
- Drivers of total rewards strategy
- Performance management systems
- Performance and recognition
- Reward programs to dive superior performance
- Variable pay
- Development and career opportunities
- Work-life programs
Candidates are assessed by assignments and written examinations at the end of each module except for Strategic & Change Management module whereby assessment is based on Group and Individual Assignments.
Successful completion would mean that the candidate has attained 75% of class attendance and has passed the assessments for all modules under the programme. Certificate of Attendance will not be awarded in addition to the Postgraduate Diploma.
Graduation and Degree
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in HR and Reward Management from SHRI Academy Pte Ltd and graduates may use the title “PGDipRM” after their names.
PGDipRM graduates holding bachelors degree are encouraged to enroll for the Master of Science in Human Resources (Top Up) programme, jointly offered by Edinburgh Napier University (UK) and SHRI Academy, subject to validation of the programme and acceptance by the University.