SHRI Academy’s PGDipODC programme is specially designed to equip learners with the fundamental knowledge and skills on how to build their organisational capabilities through various OD interventions. The programme will explore organisational development theories and interventions designed to improve effectiveness and performance.
The programme will benefit HR and non-HR practitioners including those interested to facilitate and influence positive change in their organisation.
Upon successful completion of this programme, graduates shall be able to:
Module 1 – Human Resource Management (36 Hours)
This module gives an overview of the key functions of the human resource department including a segment dedicated to International Human Resource Management.
- Human Resource Management Functions
- Human Resources Strategies, Policies and Procedures
- Job and Competency Analysis
- Performance Management
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruitment and Selection
- International HRM
Module 2 – Human Resource Development (36 Hours)
This module provides learners with knowledge and skills for human resource development functions. Through a project/assignment, learners will develop and acquire the necessary skills and expertise. The module includes an overview of People Developer programme.
- The Training Process and Theories
- Approaches and Techniques to Training Needs Analysis
- Set Training Objectives and Design Training Programmes
- Planning and Resource Requirements
- Implementing and Monitoring Training Programme
- Evaluation of Training Effectiveness
- The People Developer Programme and Future Trends in HRD
Module 3 – Strategic and Change Management (36 Hours)
This module explores and evaluates the concepts and theories of “Strategic and Change Management” and develops learners’ cognitive processes integral to strategic management. Special emphasis is given to the approach of human resource functions towards total operations.
- Strategic Management Process: An Overview
- The 3 Strategy-making Tasks
- Industry and Competitive Analysis
- Company Situation Analysis
- Strategy and Competitive Advantage
- Matching Strategy to Company’s Situation
- Diversification Strategy and Analysis
- HR Dimension in Corporate Strategic Management
- Change Management
Module 4 – Organisational Development (OD) (36 Hours)
This module provides the basic theoretical and competency based approach in OD. It will enable the learner to diagnose and propose the appropriate OD interventions to develop their organisational capabilities, effectiveness and performance.
- General Introduction of OD
- The OD Practitioner
- Overview of the Process of OD
- Entering and Contracting
- Diagnosis and Feedback
- Action Planning and Introduction to OD Interventions
- Interventions at Individual Level
- Interventions at Team Levels
- Interventions at Process Levels
- Interventions at Organisational Level
- Evaluation of Processes and Results
- Issues Facing OD and its Future
Module 5 – Leadership during Organisational Change – 24 Hours
This module explores the models of change and applies key activities needed to successfully lead and implement change in an organisation. It seeks to provide various key pointers; learners will be able to facilitate change for their valuable human capital in the organisation.
It is not only about ‘Change’ but the frequency and magnitude that post a challenge to all levels of people within any organisation. This can be due to restructuring, re-engineering, merger and acquisition that lead to retrenchment, outsourcing and re-grouping. The module focuses on leadership for change and on the proactive anticipation of the human behaviours during the change process.
This module is designed to be activities-based through application of theories and working on case studies during the 24 hours of classroom training. Learning will be further reinforced with both formative and post-assessments to ensure transfer to learning for effective workplace applications.
The module will be delivered in the following approaches:
- Activity-based Classroom Training
- Formative Assessment
Classroom Training (24 Hours)
- The Leadership for Change – the vital leadership for leading change
- Communication and Connecting with your People – communication strategies and relationships
- Interventions and Motivations – intervening effectively and motivating towards the future
- Creating a Conducive Environment for Change – adopting and adapting cultures for effective change
Note: The modules listed above may be conducted in a different sequence.
– 6 months; 168 training hours
– 5 modules
– Lessons are conducted on 2 Friday evenings (7pm – 10pm) and/or 2 weekends (full day; 9am – 5:30/6.00pm)
Candidates are assessed by assignments and written examinations at the end of each module except for Strategic and Change Management module whereby assessment is based on Group and Individual Assignments.
For Leadership during Organisational Change module, assessment will be based on data compiled from Formative (20% – utilising application activities as part of assessment throughout the training at group and individual levels) and Post-assessment (30% – with 20 Multiple Choice Questions at individual levels).
Postgraduate Diploma in HR and Organisational Development & Change will be awarded by SHRI Academy upon successful completion of the programme and graduates may use the title “PGDipODC” after their names.
- Exemptions will be granted to SHRI Postgraduate & Graduate Diploma graduates.
- Approval for exemption is on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Academic Advisory Board.
PGDipODC graduates holding bachelors degree are encouraged to enroll for the Master of Science in Human Resources (Top Up) programme, jointly offered by Edinburgh Napier University (UK) and SHRI Academy, subject to validation of the programme and acceptance by the University.