- Launched the first Human Resource (HR) Day for the HR fraternity here. This is the first of its kind in Singapore and perhaps globally.
- SHRI Research Centre conducted and released a study on Succeed or Sink (SOS) Report: Depths and Heights of Business Sustainability.
- In recognition of outstanding achievement in branding, SHRI was awarded the Singapore Prestige Brand Award 2009, Special Merit.
- 3,365 participants from 1,242 companies participated in SHRI events, a 50% increase in the number of HR people benefiting from SHRI events.
- SHRI strategic taskforces were set up. Some of them include the Capability Development task force, Membership task force, Youth Mob task force, Community task force and Elders Mob task force.