- SHRI met up with Ambassador and Officials of the Mexican Embassy in Singapore
- Participated in the 9th World HR Congress on “Back to the Person – People who Make the Difference” in Mexico City in May
- Hosted signing ceremony at Mandarin Hotel with Manpower Inc. as the Official Partner Sponsor of the 10th World Congress in Singapore in 2004
- Relocated SHRI Training Centre from Palmer Road to Collyer Quay, Overseas Union House and Singapore Conference Hall
- Together with Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and Singapore Management University (SMU), SHRI presented a session on “Strategies for Recruiting and Retaining the Next Generation” by Prof Peter Capellito
- Launched the 1st Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (GDipHRM) course in Shanghai, China
- Participated in a Study Mission to Germany led by NTUC’s Secretary-General, Minister Lim Boon Heng
- Organised a Fund-Raising Golf Tournament in conjunction with SHRI’s 37th Anniversary celebration on 22 November 2002 in support of the Boon Lay Elderly Centre. The event was graced by Guest-of-Honour, Dr Ng Eng Hen, Minister of State (Education & Manpower) and a total of $188,000 was raised.