The 2-day short course explores and evaluates the various Emerging Technologies that affect the effectiveness and efficiencies of human resource service delivery. The module aims to deliver effective HR services in a cost efficient manner through an optimal and customer-centric service delivery operating model.
The learners shall acquire knowledge to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of service quality or costs, implement HR Transformation programmes to enhance productivity and cost efficiency, adopt a service-oriented mindset and people-centricity in dealing with internal and business stakeholders.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners should be able to:
- Explain the significance of HR Service Delivery Models;
- Identify and evaluate the emerging Trends in HR Technology & Practices;
- Evaluate the common HR Technologies available for adoption;
- Identify and appreciate the possible applications of common HR Technologies;
- Describe the key applications of Technology Driven HR Service Delivery
Introduction: The Significance of HR Service Delivery Models
- Understand the changing nature of HR service delivery
- Define the scope of HR service delivery strategies to achieve:
- Service-oriented mindset
- People-centric policies and processes
- Cost-efficiency and cost-reduction missions
- Understand how HR service delivery is influenced by structure, processes and technology
- Comprehend the prevailing HR service delivery models
Emerging Trends in HR Technology & Practices
- Envisage the existing and emerging trends of HR Technology and related tools;
- Identify some of the technological tools that provide needed services for the entire Employment Lifecycle;
- Identify some of the approaches to evaluate these emerging HR Technology tools and the relationship of technology and service delivery with technology enablement.
- Identify the opportunities to harness HR Technology and Process re-engineering for continuous improvement
- Changing Trends in HR Operations
Common HR Technologies available
- Understand the approaches of identifying the needs for technological driven services needed in the critical stages of Employment Life-cycle
- Conduct HR service delivery need analysis
- Develop technological HR service delivery approach for:
- Sourcing / Staffing / Talent Management
- Effectiveness of On boarding
- Employee Engagement
- Learning and Development
- Employee Performance
- Reward Management
Applications of Common HR Technologies
- Develop technological HR service delivery approach for:
- Cost efficiency and cost reduction
- Development of skills and attenuation of skills
- Manage critical issues and decisions
- Understand how to technology influence the various service delivery models of:
- HR Business Partnership
- Centres of Expertise
- HR Shared Services
- Describe the transformational HR framework with technological driven HR Service Delivery
- Describe the applications of various HR service delivery models
Applications of Technology driven HR service delivery
- Appreciate the outcome of technology driven HR service delivery and organisational change process; and
- Identify the necessary skill-sets for applying technology for operational excellence in the areas of:
- People-centeredness services
- Service-oriented mindset and processes
- Process optimisation
- Role change
- Organisational redesign
- Continuous Improvement
- Pitfalls in HR Systems Implementation
Subject Delivery is made up of a combination of active learning, sharing, discussions, participation and hands-on case exercises and short presentations of discussion outcome.
The approach will be to study the contents and the process of Emerging Technologies for Excellent Human Resource Service Delivery & Operational Excellence. Participants are encouraged to adopt a higher level of learning to understand and apply what is learnt to tackle real life organisational scenarios.
Interactive learning in the form of searching for information on the internet may be needed from time to time. Hence, a laptop or tablet computer with internet access would be useful during the class time.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Senior Managers, Managers and Executives who are involved in (not limited to) in effective and efficient Human Resource Service Delivery & Operational Excellence and responsible for identifying and adopting Emerging Technologies for human resource management.
To help participants understand the absorption of Learning Outcome, a short assessment is given within the 2 days Short Course (16 hours).
If the participant passes the short assessment; a Certificate of Completion shall be awarded by SHRI Academy Pte Ltd.
The purpose of the short assessment is to help the participants to know their SWOT and does not guarantee the success/failure in the actual IHRP Certification Assessment.
However, should the participant be unable to complete the short assessment, a Certificate of Attendance shall be awarded by SHRI Academy Pte Ltd.
Please note that the above Short Course “Emerging Technologies for Excellent Human Resource Service Delivery & Operational Excellence” has been accredited by IHRP
Profile of Trainer
Victor Kow has more than 38 years’ experience in senior management functions, strategic human resource management, training & development, management & leadership development, employee relations, information technology management and management consultancy in both the public and private sectors in the Asia Pacific region. He has conducted numerous management training courses and carried various management consultancy competency based learning & development work in the Asia-Pacific region in both English and Chinese.
Victor has working knowledge of HR and strategic management matters in the Asia Pacific region. He has extensive experience in Talent and Leadership Management in large organizations in the region. He was previously an Employer Panel Member, Singapore Industrial Arbitration Court. He has conducted various workshops in Human Resource Management for senior Government officials of Commonwealth countries, Thailand, Vietnam and China in Singapore. He was also invited to conduct customized workshops for senior government officials in Vietnam, Macau, Tanzania and Pakistan. Victor has also customized numerous training workshops for Multinational Organizations both in Singapore and in the Asia Pacific region in various areas in Management, and HR.
|1st Intake||14 & 15 January 2019
Monday & Tuesday
Time: 10am to 6pm (Registration commences at 9:30am)
Venue: SHRI Academy, 10 Eunos Road 8, Singapore Post Centre #13-07, Singapore 408600
$642.00 (Inclusive of GST)
* Funding subject to approval
For more information on UTAP funding Contact Ms Lynn: +65 64223785 or email@example.com
- All course registrations are subject to our terms and conditions, please click here to view. Course fees are subject to the prevailing GST charge. All information is correct at the time of publication. SHRI Academy reserves the right to amend any of the above information if necessary.
- UTAP funding – For more information, please click here.
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Lynn Koo | Tel: 64380012 | DID: 64223785 | email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Nidhi Puranik | Tel: 64380012 | DID: 64223784 | M: 94511664 | Email: email@example.com