SHRI Academy’s PGDipHCM equips human resource practitioners with the necessary techniques for the professional discharge of their daily responsibilities. The course will benefit HR practitioners and non-HR managers and executives who are responsible for operational and intra-departmental manpower and people matters.
The programme curriculum has two key features that make it especially appealing to participants:
- The curriculum is practical-oriented in focus, approaching each topic from the human resource practitioner’s vantage-point and taking into account theoretical dimensions.
- The curriculum will bring participants to the forefront of regional and international human resource issues.
The course will serve as a ‘toolbox’ for HR practitioners and non-human resource managers/executives to use in their day-to-day HR functions.
Who should attend:
Graduates in any discipline who wish to consider a career in Human Resource Management or Graduates in other professions who wish to switch to explore HR career and be equipped with comprehensive and foundation knowledge of Human Resource Management and its applications.
Module 1 – Human Resource Management (36 Hours)
This module gives an overview of the key functions of the human resource department including a segment dedicated to International Human Resource Management.
- Human Resource Management Functions
- Human Resources Strategies, Policies and Procedures
- Job and Competency Analysis
- Performance Management
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruitment and Selection
- International HRM
Module 2 – Manpower Legislation & Industrial Relations
This module details employment legislation within the framework of Singapore’s industrial relations system. The module equips participants with the essential obligations required by key employment statutes. It also allows an understanding of the framework and operations of the Singapore Industrial Relations system. The module ends with a segment on regional and international industrial relations.
Module 3 – Human Resource Development (36 Hours)
This module provides learners with knowledge and skills for human resource development functions. Through a project/assignment, learners will develop and acquire the necessary skills and expertise. The module includes an overview of People Developer programme.
- The Training Process and Theories
- Approaches and Techniques to Training Needs Analysis
- Set Training Objectives and Design Training Programmes
- Planning and Resource Requirements
- Implementing and Monitoring Training Programme
- Evaluation of Training Effectiveness
- The People Developer Programme and Future Trends in HRD
Module 4 – Reward Management
This module provides a sound foundation for participants to implement an effective Total Reward System and fitting it to the organisation’s strategy. An overview of salary and benefits administration is also included.
Module 5 – Strategic and Change Management
This module explores and evaluates the concepts and theories of “Strategic and Change Management” and develops learners’ cognitive processes integral to strategic management. Special emphasis is given to the approach of human resource functions towards total operations.
- Strategic Management Process: An Overview
- The 3 Strategy-making Tasks
- Industry and Competitive Analysis
- Company Situation Analysis
- Strategy and Competitive Advantage
- Matching Strategy to Company’s Situation
- Diversification Strategy and Analysis
- HR Dimension in Corporate Strategic Management
- Change Management
Note: The modules listed above may be conducted in a different sequence.
Intensive Weekend Classes
- 6 months; 180 training hours
- Lessons are conducted on 2 Friday evenings (7pm – 10pm) and 2 weekends (full day; 9am – 5.30pm) per month/ module.
Candidates are assessed by individual assignment and/or group assignment with class presentation and written examination at the end of each module except for Strategic and Change Management module whereby assessment is based on group and individual assignments. Candidates must obtain a pass mark in both their individual assignment and/ or group assignment with class presentation and written examination to pass the module.
Graduation and Degree
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structures will be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Human Capital Management from SHRI Academy Pte Ltd and graduates may use the title “PGDipHCM” after their names.
PGDipHCM graduates holding bachelor’s degree are encouraged to enroll for the Master of Science in Human Resources (Top Up) programme, jointly offered by Edinburgh Napier University (UK) and SHRI Academy.
- Exemptions will be granted to SHRI Postgraduate & Graduate Diploma graduates.
- Approval for exemption is on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the SHRI Academy Academic and Examination Board.