Payroll administration is usually performed either by HR, payroll or accounts personnel. As organisations grow and industries become more competitive, people from other functional areas – fresh graduates as well as those in career transitions – should venture out and upgrade themselves to be proficient in this particular field of work.
SHRI Academy’s CPA programme is specially designed to cover the various methodologies, techniques, payroll administration systems, legal issues, statutory laws and latest trends.
There will be a 3-hour Lab Session to allow students to have a grasp on the general appreciation of a computerized payroll system. Students will learn how the payroll function integrates with other Human Resource Information Systems (e.g. Leave Records, Time, Attendance, etc.). In addition, the lesson will also cover the introduction of general system features, basic fundamentals of selecting, setting up and processing in the payroll system.
Photos of the 3-hour Lab Session
- To provide participants with in-depth knowledge of the components of compensation & latest trends that affect payroll administration
- To enhance participants’ competency in statutory laws
- To enhance participants’ ability to evaluate & establish a computerised payroll system
- To enhance participants’ ability to apply the correct techniques to handle day-to-day payroll administration issues
- Introduction to Compensation System
- Salary Payments
- Salary Deductions
- Incentive Schemes
- Issues Relating To Salary
- Employment Act
- Central Provident Fund Act
- Income Tax
- Employment Regulations (Part-Time Employees)
- Other Legislations
- Payroll Policy & Procedures
- Pay Records
- Understanding the Concept and Application of Payroll Software Systems
The modules listed above maybe conducted in a different sequence. Module content / syllabus will be provided upon request.
- 2 months; 40 training hours; 14 sessions
- Lessons are conducted twice a week
Candidates are assessed by a group / individual assignment and a formal written examination. The Certificate in Payroll Administration will be awarded by SHRI Academy upon successful completion of the programme.