About Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier University is one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland with over 18,000 students from 109 countries. Edinburgh Napier University offers industry-informed courses which combine the optimum balance of theory and practice, to equip graduates for success in today’s competitive global job market.
The high percentage of graduates employed or pursuing further studies is testament to their relevant degrees, which are developed with businesses and employers in mind and are often professionally accredited. An Edinburgh Napier University degree gives you the perfect mix of personal and professional skills for a successful career in today’s global market.
Students will benefit from international lecturers and a UK degree while studying in Singapore. You will also leave with the knowledge, skills and confidence to make a real impact in the workplace.
Facts and Figures
- One of the Top 20 in the UK Universities for graduate employability (HESA 2013).
- Human Resource Management studies at Edinburgh Napier scored a 89% student satisfaction rating in the 2014 National Student Survey.
- 96% of our UK Human Resource Management Students think that ‘staff have made the subject interesting‘, the top score of any UK university (National Student survey, 2014).
In collaboration with Edinburgh Napier University, SHRI Academy offers a 1-year part-time top-up degree leading to the award of Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology from Edinburgh Napier University.
The programme provide students with the knowledge and skills of Human Resource Management, drawing on theoretical, practical and business focused perspectives. This will be combined with the study of key areas of psychology to enable students to more fully understand the social and psychological processes operating in organisations and to develop ways of improving them through the application of specialist Human Resource Management processes. This programme provides the graduates with enhanced credibility and impact in the workplace.
Individuals graduating with a degree comprised of Human Resource Management with Organisational Psychology will have an enhanced expertise in the key area of organisation behaviour and management of individuals at work and be well placed to make an effective and valuable contribution to an organisation.
The programme also aims to:
- Develop learners’ employability and transferable skills in independent thinking and reflective learning which will enable you to develop an existing career and contribute effectively in a business situation.
- Develop learners’ interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with demands of highly complex organisational structures.
- Develop learners’ understanding, judgement, intellectual and imaginative powers.
- Develop learners’ problem-solving and critical analysis abilities.
- Develop learners’ ability to synthesise areas of study and to perceive their application in a broader perspective.
Programme Structure and Content
This is a 12-months part-time top-up to Year 3 degree programme, which comprises 6 modules:
|Strategic Management in a Global Context||
|Human Resource Development||
|Organizational Change Management||
|Managing the Employment Relationship||
|Individual Differences 2||
Each module is a 15 lecture hours and 15 tutorial hours. Lectures are conducted by Edinburgh Napier University on-campus lecturers; Tutorials are conducted by local tutors who are experienced industry practitioners.
Module content / syllabus will be provide upon request.
Assessment Methods / Certification
Students will be assessed based on written examinations and assignments. An examination for each module will be held at the end of each trimester.
Upon successful completion, participants may pursue the Postgraduate Diploma in various specialisations offered by SHRI Academy, and further progress to a 6-months top-up MSc in HR offered by Edinburgh Napier University.